Bay snapper quick report

Sofish

Went out with mate Nathan last Monday for snapper, got 1 lost 4 :whistle: , all stupid reasons :( . Lots of bigeye trevally around peel were feeding on surface, had fun with them on 8lb. Trevally around 40-55cm, snapper went 67cm.

Yesterday went out again, we 5, snapper 0. :lol: Didn't lose one!!! Biggest one went 82cm, and so fat just over 7kg.

On 15lb tackle, 1/4oz 3/0, wriggler 100mm bloodworm + zman shrimpz 3".

post-9082-144598755932_thumb.jpg

post-9082-144598755936_thumb.jpg

post-9082-144598755949_thumb.jpg

Awesome snaps Bloody camera keeps chopping your heads off though, there has been alot of jellyfish around lately which leads me to believe we're going to have a good snapper season in the river and bay

I noticed quite a few jellyfish the other day when out with Ted. I was looking in the right direction. At one point I thought I'd puked a plastic baitbag (didn't remember eatin' that) :lol: :silly: :sick:

Nice fishing on day 2, Sofish. Not often you hear of so many good ones in one session from around Peel. From the pics it seems you were a little south ?

Nice fishing on day 2, Sofish. Not often you hear of so many good ones in one session from around Peel. From the pics it seems you were a little south ?

Yes, it is south side of peel, normally you can see heaps boats anchored there, but did see any boat on that Monday, we did good drift to anywhere we want to go. :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Awesome snaps Bloody camera keeps chopping your heads off though, there has been alot of jellyfish around lately which leads me to believe we're going to have a good snapper season in the river and bay

Please focus on the pretty fish, dont worry about camera, I recon ppl have more interest on the fish than my head. ;););)

Went out again, got a few snapper, but all under 50cm, only on went 80cm.

[attachment=46885]ss.jpg[/attachment]

Well done again mate

Thats a very nice snapper

My mate went out today he got heaps of 40's nothing to big like yours.

Looks like you have got a honey hole.

Ps nice photos you have left me in mystery.

Also there is alot of prawns at peel you were right i regret not taking my cast net saturday i reckon i would have gof my 10 liters in a few cast. Cant wait to get my boat sorted so i came give them a crsck.

Thanks for report

Shane

Archived