79cms of Snapper

Bluevien

Planned a quick session to give the boat a run after its service to make sure it's right for a Hervey Bay trip this weekend.

The conditions at first light let me fish off Woody Point and further north so it was a quick run out from DWB.. Things started real slow which is very unusual because most of the my better catches usually happen right around sunrise. The only catch at spot A this time was a Wobbegong and no other bites so I moved to spot B at 0700 only to find someone else already there but that's okay, the ocean is big enough for the 2 of us.

Within a few minutes I missed a couple of good runs on the baitrunner with a whole pillie bait so I changed to circle hooks, turn off the baitrunner function and pop it in the rod holder. Within 5 minutes fish # 1 is in the esky. Another 10 minutes pass and same thing happens.... welcome fish # 2. They were both solid fish and there you have my 79cms of Snapper. :lol:

Rockypatch20feb2012006.jpg

I hung around another 30 minutes for a couple of bust offs on the reef on the light gear and then headed home before the wind picked up which it did. Home by 9.30 with 4 nice fillets for dinner and some boat mojo to take to Hervey with me and Reelmate for our own Summer Classic.

The water was still a little green outside but could see a fair bit of bait around and some birds were working in close. Too bad I didn't bring any slugs to give whatever they were a crack. The Pine is looking a lot better too.

Cheers,

Rob

Archived