Quick Bay/River flick

Bluevien

The call was made for a quick plastics only session for saturday arvo. Dave (reelmate) and I launched from Pinkenba around 2pm. We made our way to the poo shute and being the bottom of the tide we thought we'd throw some lures around hoping to entice a jewie. No luck so off to Mud we went.

The trip over was perfect... just made for boating. We hit the eastern side first with Dave getting on to a grinner and me missing a hook up. That was the pattern of the day - Dave boating grinners and me not even raising a scale. Things didn't improve of the western side either.

About 6 we called it a day and headed back. Approching the boat ramp Dave saw masses of prawns skipping across the water. We quickly got the boat on the trailer and grabbed the cast net. Within 30 minutes we managed to pick up about half a bucket of decent sized bannanas I think they are. At least 3/4 of them are bound for the BBQ plate tonight, the rest are bagged up for bait.

PinkenbaPrawns004.jpg

PinkenbaPrawns003.jpg

So at least we came with something but the moral of the story is - go lure fishing and come home with bait.

Cheers,

Rob

Archived