Land based plastics fishing (PART 2 - 15/7/12)

Hein

Hi again everyone.

I thought I'd throw up another report as I went out yesterday for a fish down at Tweed Heads.

I drove down from home up here in Brisbane and I hit up the usual spot flicking the 100mm squidgie wriggler chasing some flathead. I don't why but there was HEAPS of small tailor around yesterday. Every time I would just wind my line back in, the tailor would just cut my plastic in half!!! :angry: I did manage to hook up on a couple but most just kept ruining my plastic!!! I ended up going through a pack and a half of squidgie wrigglers within the first hour!!! Little Bastards!!! :angry: hahaha

post-10615-144598826509_thumb.jpg

I found a packet of the Zman Paddlerz (4 inch) in my bag which I had forgotten about so through one of them on to test them out, and boy am I glad I did!!! These plastics worked a treat for me. I ended up fishing the rest of the day on the 1 plastic. The tailor did have a go at these but every time brought the lure back in, it was all still there!!!

Anyways, about the fishing!!! I fished a section of the Tweed River where I usually have 'great success' (in the Borat voice) and ended up catching 7 flatties and a couple of small tailor.

The first 3 flatties I caught were undersized so back they went. Then after a few more cast, every single fish after that was legal (smallest being 40cm). Next cast the rod loaded up and I was onto something decent. After a few strong run, I ended up pulling in a 57cm flatty. Put up a decent fight considering most of the time it feels like you're winding in a wet sock. hahaha.

post-10615-144598826447_thumb.jpg

post-10615-144598826458_thumb.jpg

After a few more casts, I ended up landing a 54cm flatty, then a 45cm model and then my last fish went 39cm. (from left to right in the photo)

post-10615-144598826468_thumb.jpg

post-10615-144598826479_thumb.jpg

post-10615-144598826489_thumb.jpg

post-10615-144598826499_thumb.jpg

post-10615-144598826521_thumb.jpg

Im not sure what it was but on the last cast of the day before heading home, I was hooked up onto something BIG!!! I know it wasn't a sting ray because it wasn't doing those looooong runs and had the typical head shakes of a nice flatty. I was getting a bit excited at this point and put a bit to much pressure on the line and it had snapped at the end of the leader. DAMN!!! The one that got away!!!

Oh well, all in all, I had another successful day down at the Tweed.

Thanks for reading!!!

Great looking little session.

Love the one that got away story. B) Thats what keeps us all going back.

What LB leader were you using?

I was fishing with 5LB braid and 10LB leader. Probably should of used 14LB but get so many more hook ups on the lighter leader (and it makes things more interesting when trying to land the fish!!! LOL)

Nice work on the flatties mate

Presistance always pays off.

Haha another z-man converts. They good plastics. Love how they are so durable and basically catch anything. BCF has them on special atm. 20% off. Comes to about $6 a packet. I think i got every colour n style in my bag now.

Shane

Nice work on the flatties mate

Presistance always pays off.

Haha another z-man converts. They good plastics. Love how they are so durable and basically catch anything. BCF has them on special atm. 20% off. Comes to about $6 a packet. I think i got every colour n style in my bag now.

Shane

Yeah these plastics are pretty good. They have a nice action to them and like I said before, I caught all the flatties on the 1 plastic and didn't have to rig one up for the rest of the day!!! :cheer:

With Squidies, I always had to put a new plastic on pretty much after each fish that was caught!!! :(

Archived