bull shark spots

stephen1029

Hi guys,

I went down to logan river off riedel street last saturday with some dead mullet for bait and i didnt get a single bite apart from a heap of huge crabs that just let go when they get too close, so i really want to get on to some decent size bulls can anyone help me out rigs, bait, spots and also there were alot of other people there that caught nothing aswell so i was wondering would i be better off at brisbane river, i have spent a while trying to find info so please help.

dont fall into the fish heavy for shark trap

Agreed. My last shark was caught on 6lbs braid with a 60lbs wire trace using a sienna 1000 reel. 100lbs mono leader would do the trick to. I've even caught them when snapper fishing with a 25lbs trace. It all depends on how you hook them. Hook em in the corner of their mouth with a circle hook and your laughin.

But yeah wait til summer dude. Logan is packed with them. Schulz canal can produce good numbers too.

definitely better to wait till it warms up, but when it does like others said Logan is the go as well as brissy river too. fresh eel is a gun bait if u can catch sum. in the mean time id be taking four crab pots back to where you were lol

• 3 weeks later...

Hey fellas, I'm also keen to get into the bull sharks cant wait for summer.

So i'm aware that theres bucketloads of them in logan & Brissy rivers but is anybody aware of a few "hot spots" around the tweed river?? Ive heard around Condong sugarmill and Tumbulgum bridge but ive not had any luck..If anyone has heard of anywhere or got any then i'd love to hear where at..Thank You

B)

Archived