54LB watersnake turns fine can't get the prop going. HELP!

Sergi

Hi guys i am after a bit of help and advice. I have a 54 LB Watersnake i didn't use it for a little while, I hooked it all back up today and it turns fine but i can't get the prop to work. Has this happened to anyone or can someone please point me in the right direction??

Cheers

Hi guys i am after a bit of help and advice. I have a 54 LB Watersnake i didn't use it for a little while, I hooked it all back up today and it turns fine but i can't get the prop to work. Has this happened to anyone or can someone please point me in the right direction??

Cheers

Have not seen this one but I would start with checking your battery is fully charged. After that I would ring the support at SA. They are really good and will walk you through the problem. It could be anything from the mercury switch, the top or bottom circuit board. If it urns out to be he bottom circuit board I may have a new one here.

Oh check the foot pedal. Open it up make sure the motor controls are not corroded. Good luck ted

When i push left it spins left when i press right it spins right but when i try to get the prop to go nothing happens.

Ok you are saying that the steer motor is working but you still havent answered the question can you spin the motor manually. Whar Dell and myself are tryinbg to work out is the sheer pin broken or is the motor seized or an electrical problem,.

Why not ring Jervis Walker direct and speak to one of their techs who will be quite happy to talk you through it.

If you need parts they are very reasonably priced and they will courier to you.

61 8 8244 8790 .

Cheers

Ray

i will be interested to hear the results of this, i have the same problem, i just inherited one from my brother and when i hooked it up, the same thing happened, was just going to throw it out as it cost me nothing, but if its a cheap fix ill try it aswell

they are worth troubleshooting with Jarvis walker in SA. Costs you nothing and they are really helpful. I have managed with their help to fix two units

• 7 years later...
  • 10 months later...
On 20/08/2012 at 5:13 PM, Sergi said:

Cheers

Im very late to this conversation but did anyone end up discovering the solution to this problem? I have the exact same issue