user name

freedomhawk12

I don't know for sure but think you would need a good reason. The last thing Admin would need is every man and his dog changing their username at a whim. Imagine how many name changes I would have had ;)

Robbie, -

TABS: Community > Private Messages >

CLICK: write >

ENTER: Admin > Subject > type message > send

With over 500 posts it is unlikely webby will approve a name change sorry.

At one or two it is a possibility. Sometimes people accidentally put email addresses into the user name field etc and this is fixable before a post count is racked up. Once there are a lot of posts assigned to a username it really screws with the data base (hesitant/confused data base queries being a significant cause of lag) to suddenly change it. I certainly would not, I am sure webby would not be keen on reassigning hundreds of posts one by one to the new username.

It cannot hurt to PM Webby, just giving a heads up on why it may be declined.

Angus

P.S. Ellicat's reason is also correct. While it only takes 2 or 3 minutes to change someones name, this being a standard option would see requests come in all the time (they sometimes do anyway) this could add a huge amount of time to an otherwise full work load.

Just sign up with a new user name and start again... Some people have done it and hopefully some may be faced with the dilemma to do it in the future.

But no, I am not suggesting you have multiple accounts as that is in breach of the site rules and guidelines that we all agreed to abide to upon signing up,, well suppose to abide to.

• AFO locked and unlocked this topic

Archived