Great Fishing in the Rain @ Talle Creek

Gordo

Hello Everyone

I've been out of action for a while and i couldn't wait to have a free day for fishing. My only free day was the Saturday so me and my brother decided to head down to the coast in the pouring rain. Arrived at the new widen channel at 10 and it was pouring, lucky we had our coats on. We were there for 1 hour and not a single bite. Cold, wet and angry i wanted to give up and head back but i decided to stay for another 30 minutes. The sun then come out for a bit and so did the fish. 2 hours of fishing we managed to pull up 8 bream (21-27 cm), 1 black trevally (22.5cm) and one unknown species. Lucky we stuck around for a bit longer. Overall a good day fishing at Talle Creek.

Final tally

Me 5 Bream, 1 Black Trevally.

My Brother 3 Bream, 1 unknown species.

26 cm Bream

[img size=488]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/100_1302.jpg

Post edited by: Gordo, at: 2007/08/26 10:45

post-809-144598425879_thumb.jpg

reef_raider wrote:

bloody happy moments, i tell ya when ya get spiked it aint a happy moment, a few bad words were said when i got spiked down at talle creek last holidays

Hi Reef Raider, my brother told me the best way to get rid of the pain is to dip the part of your body that has been stung in hot water (in between warm to boiling) to kill the poison.

Cowfish the fish that we caught definitly is a crescent perch, thanks

Post edited by: Gordo, at: 2007/08/27 08:05

Post edited by: Gordo, at: 2007/08/27 08:06

Gordo wrote:

Happy Moment [img size=488]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/100_0979.jpg<br><br>Post edited by: Gordo, at: 2007/08/26 10:58

hey Gordo, great catch report man. how's it going in bris?? the crescent perch are irritating bait stealers lol. haha..

btw, i dont know the official name for the fish above, but we call it rabbitfish here. great eating fish, medium fry em, and pour over some sweet soy sauce. excellent eating :D.

kiara_poltegerist wrote:

Gordo wrote:
Happy Moment [img size=488]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/100_0979.jpg<br><br>Post edited by: Gordo, at: 2007/08/26 10:58

hey Gordo, great catch report man. how's it going in bris?? the crescent perch are irritating bait stealers lol. haha..

btw, i dont know the official name for the fish above, but we call it rabbitfish here. great eating fish, medium fry em, and pour over some sweet soy sauce. excellent eating :D.

Hi Kiara, nice hearing from you. Everything is going well in Brisbane. I'm not sure if you heard but South East Qld had a great down pour of rain for the past week.

I threw the happy moment back in because i don't know how to prepare them. Next time i catch one i'll use your recipe. I love sweet soy sauce, but i haven't tried it on fish before.

Do$tylz wrote:

Kiara...what don't you eat????:P

haha, my man, there is a chinese saying - \"As long as it's back faces heaven it's edible\" :D :D :D

btw, remember what i said about catfish in Malaysia being extremely delicious? hehe, I had 2 friends from RedCliffe come over last month, they didnt believe me about the catfish, but when they tried it, oh my, did their eyes pop out :D.haha. To quote them, one of the best tasting fish they'd ever tried! hehe. nvm nvm, when you come over, I'll bring you for em too :D. hehe. btw, recently the oysters from this season have been excellent man. you gotta have some when you're over :D

kiara_poltegerist wrote:

Do$tylz wrote:

haha, my man, there is a chinese saying - \"As long as it's back faces heaven it's edible\" :D :D :D

btw, remember what i said about catfish in Malaysia being extremely delicious? hehe, I had 2 friends from RedCliffe come over last month, they didnt believe me about the catfish, but when they tried it, oh my, did their eyes pop out :D.haha. To quote them, one of the best tasting fish they'd ever tried! hehe. nvm nvm, when you come over, I'll bring you for em too :D. hehe. btw, recently the oysters from this season have been excellent man. you gotta have some when you're over :D

Dude! Oysters!!! Strange, i'm such a lousy chinese, i've never even heard of that saying.. :blush:

Damnit december air tics are selling fast and selling out and BLOODY expensive man! arghh.. even 1 way tics cost > $1k. crap.. perhaps nov's still the best time huh?

Gordo wrote:

kiara_poltegerist wrote:
Gordo wrote:

Hi Kiara, nice hearing from you. Everything is going well in Brisbane. I'm not sure if you heard but South East Qld had a great down pour of rain for the past week.

I threw the happy moment back in because i don't know how to prepare them. Next time i catch one i'll use your recipe. I love sweet soy sauce, but i haven't tried it on fish before.

yea, i heard. my gf and viper were telling me about the nearly non-stop rain. Good news eh :D. that should fire up the fish abit once they've adjusted to the change in salinity. it's been raining lots here too. there's been a freak weather phenomenon here - very heavy rain and extremely strong winds (up to 100kmph) when it's supposed to be the dry season with very little rain.

i'll give you the full recipe for the fish then mate :D

1- gut the fish, rub the inside with salt, then wipe the stomach section with pepper. de-head if the fish is not too big.

2- slice up some ginger into long, thin slices

3- pour about 6-8 spoons of sweet soy sauce into a small bowl, and add 2 teaspoons of sugar into the bowl and stir thoroughly.

4- add enough oil to fry the fish properly into the frying pan. dont skimp on the oil, frying a fish with too little oil causes the fish to be cooked unevenly, and doesnt bring out the tastes nicely.

5 - fry the ginger till it is crisp, then remove from the oil.

6- fry the fish till the skin is crispy. a good indication is that the fish can be turned over without the skin sticking to the frying pan.

7- remove the fish from the frying pan, place on a clean plate.

8 - add the ginger to the oil again, and turn on the flame to FULL

9 - pour the sweet soy sauce mixture into the frying pan, and stir briskly

10 - pour the sauce+ginger+oil over the fish and tuck in :D.

one of the most easily prepared sumptious fish meals :D.

viperon1982 wrote:

kiara_poltegerist wrote:
Do$tylz wrote:

Dude! Oysters!!! Strange, i'm such a lousy chinese, i've never even heard of that saying.. :blush:

Damnit december air tics are selling fast and selling out and BLOODY expensive man! arghh.. even 1 way tics cost > $1k. crap.. perhaps nov's still the best time huh?

haha, no harm done right? you still eat just about anything too isnt it? :D :D. hehe.

did you call a travel agency to check, online prices for MAS and SIA are normally jacked up quite abit. let me know man

Archived