Camping Advice - Lake Cootharaba (Everglades?)

kmcrosby78

Hi all,

Trying to gather some quick info for my brother who has finished working in Clermont (mine closed down) and is now stopping at a few places on his way down to the Hunter Valley where he plans to live and work next. Anyway, he's looking at camping from about Jan 3-8 somewhere around the Sunny Coast. He was looking at Coochin Creek but from what I've read it may not be the best place to camp with two young (3 and 2) - although if anyone thinks differently on this please let me know.

So ..... I was thinking maybe Lake Cootharaba (either Boreen Point or Elanda Point). Just wondering where the Everglades are in relation to these two places, is it at the northern end of Lake Cootharaba? I've tried using the search function to find more info but it doesn't seem to be working for me at the moment.

Also, any other camping suggestions for the Sunny Coast are most welcome. Preferably with access to saltwater fishing. Think he was hoping to do it at a pretty low cost.

Cheers and merry xmas all.

The Everglades are to the north of Lake Cootharaba.

Another spot is Noosa North shore. (20 yr old info) Camping behind the surf beach dunes in provided marquee style tents with double-decker stretcher beds on a concrete floor beside a picnic table. Dogs used to be allowed.

Archived