Help Improve The Comslie Rec Reserve

Angus

I received this email from Ewen MacDonald from the Brisbane Dargon Boat Racing Club.

It seems like a worthy cause to me as it cannot help but to benefit anglers who share this facility.

Let us see how much closer we can get to the 130 and prove the power of vote.

"Hi Angus

Brisbane River Dragons are seeking your help and the members of the Brisbane Fishing Community to promote our ePetition to have the toilet facilities upgraded to make park users experience at Colmslie more pleasant. As you are aware there is only one toilet on the reserve which has to cater for over 300 people on a saturday morning. The facility is generally out of service and creates a health risk to park users. We would love for you to send out this email to all your contacts urging them to support us. It is not important that those who sign this petition use the park area they just have to be living in the Brisbane area to be recognised by Council. Those who wish to sign just need to click on the "CLICK ME TO GO TO ePetition" link below. Once completed they will receive an email at their nominated email account where they will need to validate their signature by clicking the link provided in the email. Its that easy :) Thanks in advance for your support

Note the ePetition closes on the 22 Feb 2013

Upgrade of Toilet Facilities at Colmslie Reserve

We're finally getting some momentum on getting our dilapidated toilet block fixed.

We've been advised that a Mr Glenn Brisk who is connected to Parks in the Lord Mayor's office, notified us that our toilet block request has been escalated as a highest priority capital work consideration with the Council's June budget. If successful we may have implementation and building commencement from as early as July or at least by December 2013.

We need to really push the ePetition lets not let this opportunity slip away.

We have about 130 signatures to date - we need over 500 - go to the link below and sign this ePetition now! Pass it onto your friends and fellow paddlers".

This is the link to the E-Petition: http://www.epetitions.brisbane.qld.gov.au/petition/view/pid/60

I know this facility does not cater to everyone, but think of your fellow angler and their families and take 5 minutes to sign it.

Please like this post if you do sign it so we have some notion of how many people get involved.

Thanks for your time.

Angus

Agreed Jarryd.

As someone who has been manning the BRC HQ for 7 years now I can honestly say the toilet facilities need it. When there is numerous people around it is just hopeless and I really do feel for the Dragon boaters when 300 of them get off the water at once! It is a massive park with multiple facilities (BBQ's, Dog Park, Boat Ramp, etc) so one toilet is pretty ludicrous.

At the very least they could change the Barry Manalow (spelling?) music that has been on repeat since at least 2006!!!

Angus

Done. Everytime I have been into that tardus I felt like I needed a snorkel and a firehose. On the other hand the facilities at the port are generally well looked after and more accessible. Still up to people not to be grubs like the lowlifes who stick wierd things down the toilets like whole toilet roles, clothes etc. Some people are just sub-human.

i signed it and got the email then it told me that it does not exist :( did i miss the vote

just checked it again and it said signature confirmed, this patition does not exist :huh: wat the!!!

same here, this could also mean they got the message here hoping :cheer:

Archived