Fine way to christen the new outfit

jackabow22

Hey guys,been abit slack on the fishing side of things lately besides a session up at kawana on the weekend that was pretty uneventful besides a few mid 30s bream that smashed some fairly big silver biddys aimed at jacks haha.anyway my new caldia arrived today so i was reel keen to try out the new outfit,didnt have high hopes as the water around here is still pretty brown,but was just keen to have a few flicks to try out the new reel,started of throwing a slider grub which only accounted for 1 hit,while slow rolling it across the bottom much to my suprise i found a heap of new snags across the bottom of the creek which werent there previously before the recent big rains,changed over to the ever faithful 2.5 inch zman grub in motoroil and targeted the new snags on the bottom and in quick succesion managed 2 nice bass a 33cm and 28cm,definently glad i got a heavier outfit now as the new snags are absolutley crazy and both bass had me stitched up on the 16lb toray radius and 16lb leader.thought the 33cm was gonna bust me straight up as just as i went to change the song on my ipod the bloody thing hit the grub on the drop and had me in the snag before i even got my hand on the handle haha went quiet after that and called it quits,keen to get back amongst them again in the morning

thanks guys

post-8909-144598929063_thumb.jpg

post-8909-144598929073_thumb.jpg

post-8909-144598929078_thumb.jpg

Archived