N P D in carpet slippers.

rayke1938

Picked up John Ford at 5 am and headed up to MacGavins view and started walking down to the spot and before we got to the gate john said how much further as my feet are getting wet from the dew on the grass.

Yes he was wearing socks and felt carpet slippers.

Laugh no 1 better than me using stones for sinkers ALA last time.

Arrived at spot around 0630 and i caught 2 small bass around 30cm one on shrimp and one on a slug.

Then nothing till around 0830 when we started to get a few on bait.

Nothing more on slugs or spinner baits or chatterbaits.

Ended up with 10 bass between around 30 and 36 cm. 2 for John and 8 for me.

Knocked off at 1000. Then had to walk back enduring complaints re wet slippers and comments that wife will kill him.

He didnt even smile when I told him he would have caught more fish if he had have worn shoes.:woohoo:

Cheers

Ray

:woohoo: [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/P1010676_AFO.jpg

post-230-144598426542_thumb.jpg

John hard at work winding in a small bass. Note the sloppers I mean slippers.Guess who was a mean old B@asterd and cut the corners walking around the small bays and walked through the slop.

Anyone who site down to fish and carrys a 3 legged stool around deserves wet feet.

He couldnt find a level spot to sit on the stool- nearly ended up in the drink when one leg sink in the soft stuff.:laugh: [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/P1010677_AFO.jpg

post-230-144598426545_thumb.jpg

Ray, I didn't recognise you from the forum until I had finished talking to you, and had started to walk around to the spot.

I stayed for 4 hours, only catching one bass and a bony bream that I had jagged by mistake...pretty dismal. Second trip now I've only got the one. Tried every lure I had, too.

Rob.

Archived