Hey from the USA

Bullrout

Evening/ Morning to ya'all!

The wife and i arrived here in Southern California friday afternoon, and this is the first chance i have to post anything, been a whirlwind! For me being born and living in Ipswich/Karana Downs for the 24yrs of my life, and the wife born in Gympie and spent her years in Dalby/Gympie... LA is a little bit of a culture shock!! Everything is big here - cars, highways, people...

Havent had a chance to do any fishing here yet, i'm playing with reels/lures/anything i can find fishing related and i'm starting to go insane. We havent moved onto the ranch where we'll be spending the next couple of years yet...still waiting for previous manager to move out...turns out theres a creek running thorugh the property with a very healthy population of Small Mouth and stripies, as well as trout escapees from the trout farm up the road. The owner says they arnt huge, 8 - 12in he reckons, but hell, a fish is a fish!

I'm replnishing my soft plastic stock, I asked customs about bringing them through, they said if they were un opened there is no problem but open packets will be confiscated.

I love the price of fishing gear here.. and the variety of things you can get... and the places you get it from. You know Wal-Mart is basically Kmart with a woolworths,doctors surgery,eye doctor, mcdonalds and dry cleaners inside, as well as 4 rows of lures alone! I'm just happy i can buy beetlespins again - I cried when i lost my last one a few years ago after i found out Charltons didnt import them anymore!

Anyway, i pick up my Z28 Camero tomoro (one owner, 61000miles, old guy said he cant afford fuel to run it anymore - fuel here is just geting to $2.50 us/Gallon - he looked at me strangely when i told him thats relativly cheap!) so all oing to plan i'll head up to Casitas or Castaic this weekend to try my luck on some LMB - I'll definitly keep ya's informed.

Cheers All

Benno!!

Call into 6 flags Magic Mountain when at Castaic.

It was Wally World in National Lampoons Vaction...

Also Castaic is where all the Outdoor shots for MASH was filmed... I have been up there a few times in the past..

6 flags is Crazy with the amount of Roller coasters they have now....

love the aussie slang - its a bit surreal being in a country where people find it hard to understand me - just cause im Bogan an' proud!

When i was ringing about cars, i kept getting frustrated that no-one knew what \"arvo\" meant!!

About boats.. if i had it my way id get what this mage: [img size=(150)]http://www.redwingboatco.com/champion/images/champion_181.jpg

And not if, but WHEN lauren gets it her way :)

[img size=(150)]http://www.buckeyeflyfishers.com/Articles/Float%20Tubes/bellyboat.jpg

Haha

Stay safe guys!!!

well that didnt work. In case you havent known by now im crap wth computers, im sure youll get the idea!!

And mick, i will check out magic mountain... Where we are living (just out of LA) is actually up in the santa monica mountains, another location for the \"4077\", also home of paramount ranch, where several westerns were filmed.

Also the home of several fugitives and murderers over the years coz the formation of the mountains makes good hide outs apparently. Charlie Manson actually lived in a house about 10miles from here, the guy i bought the car off used to play in the creek that ran through his backyard back in the day...

Hey mate,

good to know you're settling in. Yeah keep us posted on the fishing there. It was in the states i caught my one and only fish on a surface lure. It was a Blue-gill. Mate be sure to hit up all the places in Cali while you're there - Hodad's burger joint in San Dieago, Santa Cruz and the surrounding areas.

Look forward to your \"interstate/overseas\" reports.

Archived