New Moderators

bootyinblue

Sorry to detract from the thread but I feel quite strongly about this.

Id watch what i say now Booty.

3 wanderers as mods :evil:

Shane, you're a good guy and I have no qualms with you. So I say this with BFO's best interest in mind and not a personal dig at you. This "US vs. THEM" mentality is what got BFO divided to begin with. One-on-one issues that aren't handled between those directly involved.

From where I stand (and many others I hope), there is no 'side' to be on. On such a dynamic forum like this there are a lot of overlapping friendships, some closer than others. Just because your mate has beef with someone else, does not mean you have to take up the fight.

While the comrade is admirable, we all met through BFO and thus the spirit of that should be maintained at the forefront. I have every faith that Ted, Jeremy and Damien in addition to Brian and Henry will moderate without bias, your comment implies that those three are in to bat for a particular side.

I have been on a number of Wavebreak trips in the past, had a good long chat over coffee with Eddie one morning and found him to be a decent guy. I've also had beers with Tugger and others' at wanderer events. I met Kurt for the first time at Borumba and lent him some of my gear so he could fix an electrical fault in his boat. I have also been on fishing/camping trips with Booty and Shortie, but my mateship with them does not influence how I perceive those mainly in the 'Wanderers'. I judge everyone by my own experiences and how they treat/respond to me personally.

This incessant witch hunt to try and get a member you dislike banned is detracting from what the forum is about, quite frankly it's just rubbish. Deal with it personally and off the public forum, don't try to get a posse together and certainly don't paint everyone with the same brush.

If someone has written something you don't agree with, either ignore them or bring it up in a civil manner. If your mate has stepped out of line, tell him to pull his head in. Don't go flouting egos around (on both sides). The comments I've seen of late alluding to physical threats is going too far.

We all have to remember at the end of the day BFO is what brought most of us together, throwing the toys out of the basket isn't doing the forum any favours and is at the end of the day quite disrespectful to the efforts Gus, Johnny and associated mods put in to keep the site going.

There is NO: offshore vs. estuary, salt vs. fresh, wanderer vs. non-wonderer, bass/bream vs. pelagics, boat vs. kayak, etc. At the end of the day it's just fishing.

That's my piece done. I just want to get back to fishing and meeting some like minded people.

Cheers and beers

Eug

Well said Eug. Very well said. I do agree that many people who know label "sides" would not actually know each other from a bar of soap if it was not for this site. To tread on it is just disrespectful. But anyway...

New mods will be officially introduced soon. Sorry booty but didnt get a chance to make a intro post today as sometimes I work!

Angus

Very well said Eug.

Now back to the dribble.

post-230-144598941856_thumb.png

All hail the mods new and old.

More dribble who remembers the mods and rockers?

The rockers considered mods to be weedy, effeminate snobs, and mods saw rockers as out of touch, oafish and grubby. The rocker subculture was centred around motorcycling, and their appearance reflected that. Rockers generally wore protective clothing such as black leather jackets and motorcycle boots (although they sometimes wore brothel creeper shoes). The common rocker hairstyle was a pompadour, which was associated with 1950s rock and roll — the rockers' music genre of choice.[1] The mod subculture was centred around fashion and music, and many mods rode scooters. Mods wore suits and other cleancut outfits, and preferred 1960s music genres such as soul, rhythm and blues, ska and beat music.

Cheers

Ray

Archived