[DONE] AFO moving servers in coming days

AFO

The Australian Fishing community has been enjoying a steady growth in members and traffic over the last year and to keep up with this we will be moving to a new server more tailored to intensive applications with guaranteed performance levels.

We hope to make this transition as smooth as possible. We are sorry if there is any interruptions to the site during the course of this major move.

• 2 weeks later...

Big apologies everyone for the recent downtime to the AFO site. The move to our new elastic server had a few hiccups and so we had to go back and do it 'manually' which meant moving the large site and database ensuring we didn't lose data.

It was a frustrating experience and didn't go as planned. In anycase, we are now running on a server more suited to intensive applications and should mean the site runs faster, has better performance and will be easier to adapt to our changing needs.

Please accept our apologies once more

Yes, still working on improving the performance. The site is now on the new server, but we need to still work on optimising it more. Hopefully in the next few weeks this will be done and we will have a faster site. :)

Strange things are happening.

I was putting up a response to a thread ( Advice to deckys spots)and was part through through writing it up and got involved elsewhere and when i returned to the post got a message that my session had expired so thought stuff it i wont bother,

Looked at a couple of other posts and then went to post another thread in a different category and bugger me dead there was my original post so now its now on its own in the wrong category.

Cheers

Ray

Archived