Spear fishing mags

BIG DAVE 1

i was looking at a spear fishing mag the other day and i was swept of my feet by what these nut cases are catching. if you ever see one pick it up for a read because they chase marlin twice the size of them with spears, they chase kingies and tuna and stuff like this. they use snorkels too no air tank. could you imagine hooking into a marlin and having it to you from cairns to china. its crazy. i might buy one and post a few pics. Crazy stuff.

DAVE

yer a mate of mine goes down near sydney to go after the bigones with a speargun...hes mad..he says he sees alot of bad ass sharks too!....they find a abit ball with birds workin and all and then jump in the middle of it all..he reckons in a school of mad tuna there are billfish down on the edges and then sharks down below and somtimes thru the murk of bait and fish friggin everywhere there are other crazyies on the other side spearing too! thats crazy!:evil:

I have done a lot of spear fishing with my dad at straddy. Like Justin said though not with a gun.

Dad used to do a lot of spear fishing on the coffee rock reefs of coolum however when he was younger. The huge morwong pictured was spear caught. Hw also tells tales of mackeral and other such fish caught on a regualr basis.

Also a good way to catch crays so he says.

[img size=127]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/Ian.jpg

post-63-144598400347_thumb.jpg

Archived