Furuno Vs Lowrance

motu

Mod Note

This discussion has been transferred from the "For Sale" thread "ray marine dragonfly" http://www.australianfishing.com.au/for-sale/439967-ray-marine-dragonfly#486125

why the quick sale only one hours use ? just wondering .

I really wanted an hds structure scan, couldnt find one second hand for a good price so I got hold of lance at reel tackle and bought the ray marine because of the chirp down vision it has.

Since then ive been paid for the month long trip to a gas mine in Papua new guinea and funds have Cobsiderably eased up and im now going to buy an hds 7 touch. So there is no need for me to keep this one.

I mounted it up temporarly to go for a fish the other day ( before I was paid from my overseas work) with the view to getting it done permanently in the near future.

as the post says if it doesnt sell and the frequencies dont clash ill use it ad a gps and backup sounder.

sorry for long winded reply

yea i was looking at the hds7 touch screen but are going for the hds9 touch from boating and rv in Capalaba check them out

I really wanted an hds structure scan, couldnt find one second hand for a good price so I got hold of lance at reel tackle and bought the ray marine because of the chirp down vision it has.

Since then ive been paid for the month long trip to a gas mine in Papua new guinea and funds have Cobsiderably eased up and im now going to buy an hds 7 touch. So there is no need for me to keep this one.

I mounted it up temporarly to go for a fish the other day ( before I was paid from my overseas work) with the view to getting it done permanently in the near future.

as the post says if it doesnt sell and the frequencies dont clash ill use it ad a gps and backup sounder.

yea i was looking at the hds7 touch screen but are going for the hds9 touch from boating and rv in Capalaba check them out

Get a Furuno Dave. Espically if its going to be for offshore in your boat.

You cant beat furuno offshore.

User friendly and they give good reading.

Get a Furuno Dave. Espically if its going to be for offshore in your boat.

You cant beat furuno offshore.

User friendly and they give good reading.

What model Shane / I just had a look at the FCV 627 they look pretty good and at 1/3 the price that's even better

I got a 585 and mate lets just say i wouldnt go fishing offshore without it.

627 are pretty good. The 587 is bigger screen.

They top sounders. Lowrance is good for the bay mate. Not really offshore.

I have being in boat that had a hds touch 12. It worked orite but i prefer furuno.

I got a 585 and mate lets just say i wouldnt go fishing offshore without it.

627 are pretty good. The 587 is bigger screen.

They top sounders. Lowrance is good for the bay mate. Not really offshore.

I have being in boat that had a hds touch 12. It worked orite but i prefer furuno.

ta bud I will check them out as you know im not keen on the bay so are def looking for better depth sounders they do look easy to use good for me being a dumb ass bushy with electronics

Boating and RV are a great new store, It is owned by Peter Rule who used to own BIAS Boating

I absolutely love my Raymarine e7d. You can add on anything you can imagine to these devices. Run two sounders off the one if you want... They are on the expensive side though, mine retails for 1.7k IIRC.

You'll get to see it Dave when you come on my boat in the next few weeks. I have a Furuno and hummingbird too, but the Raymarine beats em hands down. :)

Archived