No more Banning?

rayke1938

Seeing that the site rules are no longer available on the home page and the moderators are not interested in enforcing them does this mean that we can now say and do anything with immunity from being warned or banned?

Have any members been warned or banned since the rules disappeared/

Mods please do not hide this in the website issues section. I would like a response.

Cheers

Ray

Ray,

Unless for some reason I'm not getting a heap of emails, then in January 2014 there has been 2 'report to moderator's' submitted, excluding the one for this thread. I personally deleted one and another mod the other. In December 2013 I count 8 emails.

If there are a large number of posts which you feel should be moderated but haven't, please ensure you hit the "Report to moderator" button, as it flags it for all moderators to look at. I ensure you however that there has been a lot more moderating actions taken than 'report to moderators' received by myself, and I'm sure by the other mods as well.

Ray

I am not to sure who you are having a shot at here. We act on most suggestions you make but not all of them. I find it interesting that people decide which rules are important. Your suggestion to moderate or remove the post about the Dolphin is a suggestion which has been considered. This does not mean that we are not doing our job. Not all suggestions are actioned. As said I find it interesting that people choose to decide which rules they think are important. In this case Agro's Son canoeing in the NPD without a permit. This does work against the interests of PRFMA however which rules/regs are to be enforced. People fish the Mary river for Mary river Cod, people fish in Kurwongba in bass closed season, people kayak in Kurwongbah, people run more than the allocated 4 pots per person in NPD. This includes shrimp traps. People have a permanent set of traps in more than one waterway in excess of the 4 traps allowed per person. Why are these rules less important than canoeing in NPD.

We are always interested in what directly impacts us. I assure you that there is a lot of moderation occurring at present. I have removed quite a few posts lately, assisted members with there posts, and moved posts into the correct category.

With regard to banning members. It is the behavior of the members that get them banned. They have the choice to change there behavior and in most cases are not capable of making the change. They are given ample warnings and suggestions on where to modify their behavior and interactions on the site.

We always appreciate your feedback and suggestions. It is a pity that the PM system is down at the moment as this is all better said offline.

Kind Regards

Ted

PS This has now been moved to website issues as 1 Admin and 2 mods have responded.

There is a big difference in posting about illegal activities and what people do

There has previously been incidents if people posting about targeting regulated fish and these have been previously resolved by pm or the mods, I do not recall any posts where the member posting has continuously refused to modify their post and openly declared that they will continue in their ways.

The NPD report comes at a delicate time whilst the recreational use of the dam is under review.

" People fish the Mary river for Mary river Cod, people fish in Kurwongba in bass closed season, people kayak in Kurwongbah, people run more than the allocated 4 pots per person in NPD. This includes shrimp traps. People have a permanent set of traps in more than one waterway in excess of the 4 traps allowed per person. Why are these rules less important than canoeing in NPD."

Please point out any posts where any of the above have been posted.

The rules that Aggros are breaking are SEQ water rules not PRFMA rules nd have nothing to do with the PRFMA.

Re the shrimp traps in more that one waterway I have a written determination that this is permissible but I have never posted that I have permanent pots in NPD and Hinze if you read any of my posts all that I say is that I do the pots which is not promoting any illegal activity.

There needs to be more interaction between the mods and members, As said it is a shame that the pm system is down and I have previously posted that the old BFO email addresses are unreachable with no response as to whether this is a temporary glitch or permanent.

Cheers

Ray

Hi Ray

I am not to sure with regard to the when the PM system will be fixed. Given John is the main contributor effecting change to the site, his current house renovations and things in his life may be keeping him busy. I am pretty sure this will be corrected in the near future. In the interim I will text you my email address. I am in constant communications with most of the Mods. I will discuss Agro's Post again with the other mods and see what the consensus is. With regard to the admin email account and website issues area. I am pretty sure that these go directly to John and he is currently busy with other personal issues. It may be frustrating that the PM system is not operational however the site is predominantly a free service and I feel we get pretty good bang for our buck. Also the moderating is also done on a volunteer basis and sometimes we have things in our lives that prevent a speedy response.

My statement with regard to PRFMA was not relating to their rules. Merely stating that it was not working in their interested as stated in your "Report to Mod" about working to get areas opened up. I apologize if this is not the actions of PRFMA, it was an assumption on my part.

With regard to posts regarding MRC caught in their natural range, off the top of my head I can not recall any apart from the ones from Maxpower (although not targeting them). It is often as an individual difficult to discern between the Facebook feed and AFO Posts. I do not feel that it is a worthwhile activity to spend time dredging through old post although I am pretty sure there has been others.

As stated earlier I will discuss this with the other mods, I have to go earn some money now so this will not be done until tonight.

Regards Ted

It may be frustrating that the PM system is not operational however the site is predominantly a free service and I feel we get pretty good bang for our buck. Also the moderating is also done on a volunteer basis and sometimes we have things in our lives that prevent a speedy response.

Personally this is why I think members need to hit the "Report to Moderator" button if they think something should be done. I pretty much always have my emails open/available, and particularly on busy days I'm much more likely to be able to flick straight to a post and action it (if required) based on the email than sitting down reading every post (which on busy days I may not have time to do)

I can't count the number of times I've clicked the link within 5 minutes of an email coming through and its already been addressed. So that system works.

Archived