What s a good & reliable band of generator for camping

Smiderman

G'day Folks

Looking to buy a generator for camping etc in the next few months and would like to read about your preferences & ideal features etc.

It would need to run a fridge freezer & charge a couple of batteries during day and carry a floro lap as well at night and be able to supply power for a lap top & not fry it.. Or is it better just to run an inverter off a battery for the laptop?

Thanks

For work I have always used dunlite or honda units, never had a problem with either.

Preferred 8kva units, for the two 15 amp outlets and earth circuit leakage as standard. Also the smallest size I trust to run a decent size compressor without killing it. (Although these days we use petrol powered compressors)

Obviously you dont want anything this big, they have these new fangled inverter units now as well that I hear good things about, but the key thing for you will be the startup amps you need to kick over the fridge freezer. safely. Find a place that knows what they are talking about and be armed with the specs for your fridge freezer when you go in.

Archived