Whiting sesh 09.02.2014

benno573

Hi all,

Headed out from Jacob’s Well at a leisurely 9:15am yesterday with the plan to target some whiting and whatever else was around. Pumped some yabbies and headed to a spot where I had been having some good success of late. The fishing wasn’t amazing but I managed to put 10 nice whiting in the esky, best about 37.5 and the rest 27-33cm and 4 bream in the high 20’s. Had a bit of a troll on the way home and nabbed 2 flatties, both undersized but has encouraged me to go for a troll more regularly. Was back at the ramp about 4:30pm. Great day out. Beer battered whiting fillets and wedges for dinner topped it off nicely.

Cheers,

Benno

<'><

post-2244-144599029132_thumb.jpg

post-2244-144599029142_thumb.jpg

close enough to an elbow slapper!

post-2244-144599029148_thumb.jpg

yum....

Whiting and muscles I see :lol:

Whiting would be one of my favourite if not the favourite fish of mine.

I spoke to guy yesterday who said crib worms and other sort of worms can be dug up with a fork around the bay. A yabby pumps seems easier way to gather some bait.

Looks like you had overcast conditions and calm seas for the day which is a nice change from weather of late.

Whiting and muscles I see :lol:

Whiting would be one of my favourite if not the favourite fish of mine.

I spoke to guy yesterday who said crib worms and other sort of worms can be dug up with a fork around the bay. A yabby pumps seems easier way to gather some bait.

Looks like you had overcast conditions and calm seas for the day which is a nice change from weather of late.

geez mate, I'll tense up next time now that I know you are looking... :kiss:

yabby pump is much easier and cleaner than digging for bloodworms. I would argue they are just as effective in the spots I fish as well.

yeah, had about 10-12kn the entire day, a little more when a few small rain squalls came through. One big advantage of the pin area in general is there is always a sheltered spot, regardless of the direction of the wind.

I notice in your 'muscle' photo that you were expecting some BIG whiting. :dry:

:silly:

last time we were at this spot there were bullies about 3-4ft jumping around all over the shop. so I decided I would put a bait out to see if they were still there - no takers. :( bit hard to cast a lightly weighted yabbie on that gear mate!

Archived