Newstead 10/10/07

boon

I wanted to fish as much as I could before I start work next week so I went down to newstead at 8am today with my mate. Started of with 3 catties of decent size (50,40&30cm) then a nice 50cm ray. This was only within 40 mins and it started raining so we packed up. Rain stopped after 20 minutes so we decided to try one more cast before leaving. We then caught a herring and a moses perch both undersize. Was good fun fighting the catties and the ray. That's my mate daniel with his first ray catch.

DSC00123.jpg

DSC00125.jpg

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

mackmauler wrote:

could be the next big commercial fishery its not over exploited yet, just gota convince the eaters

You don't need no convincing here budddy! :P Anyone interested to join me in the stingray/catfish business?

Seems like most if not all scale-less fishes secrete tons of slime! Couldn't help doing some useless research on why they've got slime.

All fish have body slime. The species with less well developed scales tend to have more slime. The slime reduces drag to help a fish move faster in the water. It also provides protection against parasites, covers wounds and helps a fish maintain the proper balance of salt in its body.

Archived