Bob bell park this arvo

Inspiredbyfishing

The weather weather was crisp and I was keen for a fish but despite all the efforts I didn't catch any. Bites here and there, mullet were jumping and pelican were working but nothing for me. The scenery was fantastic which made it not so bad but I need to catch a fish.Please help me Master bob bell or tell me were is best to go.

I have fish deprivation and I need one soon, all recommendations are helpful.

Go upstream. Hunt around the eddies on the big corners for schools of bream, work the snags on the eastern side of the first dstraight for bass (for the next few weeks, almost closed season) on the way up, the straights and drop offs for flatties. Good time of year now for fishing there.

Spots and type of fish marked on sat image.

post-11051-144599046669_thumb.jpg

The stretch that is now an oxbow used to see the odd jack, but it is just a putrid backwater that is full of weeds and silting up since the river broke through back in about '09. I have seen 1 jack caught in the first stretch, but only one.

I only fish this area from 2 hours before high tide to two hours after high tide. Basically I go upstream with the last of the tide, fish the top pool until the runout is going then work my way back. Want to do a shorter trip, start closer to high tide. Note - on a lazy tide (big high tide followed by a small drop for low tide) - high tide can be half an hour or even longer later than the forecast.

I use micro mullets or the rays outdoor brand minnows, they are my favourite two lures in there.

/>http://www.livelyluresonline.com.au/catalog/2

/>http://www.raysoutdoors.com.au/online-store/products/Outdoor-Expedition-Precision-Minnow-Hard-Body-Lure-1-8oz-Purple.aspx?pid=238736&menuFrom=31001&variant=true#Cross

Have caught plenty of fish on lots of different lures though, anything around the 40 to 50mm mark is a good start..

Thanks for you're tips on this topic Binder

Had a few hours spare Saturday afternoon so took my kayak for it's maiden voyage. Had a quick exploratory paddle and a quick flick, managed a nice little flatty and dropped a few too.

That's a great stretch of creek, rocky in section, deep holes and corners, plenty of snags and overhanging trees.

Archived