SST Sea Surface Temperatures

Luvit

Do any of the offshore fisho's invest in a yearly subscription to SST's?

I read a lot about . Because i'm exploring further offshore I'm weighing up the benefits of SST's.

Showing the currents and temerature breaks could save petrol and time. However another fisho suggested the bill fish and others are found in similars areas every year and therefore the SST'S are not really required.

Any comments?

Waste of money really Wayne unless you are fishing the shelf all the time for Blue Marlin and Tuna.

As you were told, there is recognised Marlin grounds where the fish turn up every year.

Inshore the best indicators are the waveride buoys.

They tell you the water temps 24 hours a day and show a graph where you can see rise and falls in the temps over a period of time so you can see when the warm currents are pushing in or out.

They can also give you an indication of the currents when you look at the live wind forecasts and compare it to the sea conditions at the waveriders.

Wind with the tide, wind against the tide and wind across the tide all create different sea conditions so you can get an idea if the currents running hard or not or whether its running to the North or South ect.

There are some sites around that show the SST's so just keep looking around the net.

Thanks Lance, I did not even know what wave riders bouys were until you mentioned them as point of information. I found some information that I can work with. W/bouy's weren't something we see down south.

So much to learn, it's like being reborn again.

Blue Marlin and yellow fin are not OFF my list just yet. Just need to upgrade some gear when some funds come together. ;)

More exciting times ahead.

Archived