Help finding green weed or cabbage

luderickboy

Hi all im just curious im searching for green weed or cabbage in the brisbane goldcoast areas cant seem to find any. Any help would b muchly appreciated

Welcome to the site mate. I can't help you however you are much better chance of getting a reply if you create your own topic/post with a Subject Title that indicates what you are after.

I cannot help with where you would find the long soft green weed but the cabbage you will find on most rocks on the coast.

Blackfishing is not popular up here so there should be a ton of weed around in the drains if you can find the right drains.

Also keep an eye out for the black wire type weed, it is an amazing bait as well.

You might find it a little difficult to come by at this time of year, when the weather cools it should start to grow....

When my father first moved up here from NSW he was a keen blackfish/luderick angler and we used to collect cabbage that would grow on the side of pontoons at boat ramps.. To get him started I did a bit of research and asked around about local spots to find blackfish, I decided on one spot close by and dropped dad off there while I went and did some other fishing and he did quite well bagging 3 or 4 from memory.....after that first outing he went and fished other similar spots with great success so they are definitely around but just not a common target around our parts so you don't hear of them being caught all that often.

Archived