Australia vs Kiwi Anzac Test Fri. May 1

Gad

Aus squad

.4 debutants: Josh Dugan, Will Chambers, Alex Johnson, Trent Merrin

1. Greg Inglis 2. Alex Johnston 3. Michael Jennings 4. Will Chambers 5. Josh Dugan 6. Johnathan Thurston 7. Cooper Cronk 8. Matt Scott 9. Cameron Smith 10. Aaron Woods 11. Greg Bird 12. Sam Thaiday 13. Corey Parker

Interchange: 14. Luke Lewis 15. Trent Merrin 16. Nate Myles 17. James Tamou 18. Daly Cherry-Evans

Kiwi squad

Jesse Bromwich Lewis Brown Greg Eastwood Kieran Foran Tohu Harris Peta Hiku Shaun Johnson Shaun Kenny-Dowall Thomas Leuluai Issac Luke Simon Mannering Ben Matulino Sam Moa Kevin Proctor Martin Taupau Roger Tuivasa-Sheck Manu Vatuvei Dallin Watene-Zelezniak.

When the test was postponed I thought ok, I have another sporting offer, i`ll watch the Billy Dib vs Takashi Miura, WBC Super Featherweight, 12 round title fight.

Oh yeah good idea, half way through round 3, TKO Billy Dibs`. I didn`t bother flicking channels to watch the Carlton vs Collingwood game, I didn`t want to jinx anyone else tonight :lol:

Well done Kiwis, Aus out played and out muscled. Starting to feel a little nervous re: Qld SOO, all the older Aussies were Qlders

QLD will be VERY happy if the Blues play Dugan on the wing - terrible defensively in the first half. Did he jump at all to defend their second try? We sat behind the loudest guy (very jovial and well natured though) Kiwi fan in the crowd and towards the end my son was chanting 'Kiwi's, kiwi's' ....... Made him walk home, hope he is OK ........... :ohmy:

I am a one-eyed Aussie supporter when it comes to most sports and usually I would be looking to blame refs or selectors or some of the players, but for this game I think we just have to tip our hats to the kiwis and admit they were just too good for us on the day.

Dino nailed it with the hunger comment. The kiwis always seem to go to another level when they put that black jersey on, where recent kangaroo teams look like they are playing club footy.

At least the games are more even these days and the Aussies have no reason to go into them complacent. Next year!

Archived