Wynnum Whiting

Angus

Well Tanya politely reminded me I have not caught her a feed in a while and I have been meaning to suss out more of the local area for ages so today I put the lures away, packed the yabby pump, one rod and headed down to the foreshore.

Yabbies were easy to come by and it was not long before I had my first fat whiting for the day. 35cm and really thick.

post-63-14459911882_thumb.jpg

It was not red hot but we pieced together a nice little feed for tonight and had a lot of fun to boot. Tonnes of little by catch including flatties, bream and flounder.

post-63-144599118824_thumb.jpg

And I thought some of you might like this picture of my mates dog guarding the car while we got a coffee. :)

post-63-144599118831_thumb.jpg

Cheers.

Angus

Nice one Angus, that's a cracker whiting!! Do you mind if I ask if you were north or south of the creek and/or whether the mud was too thick to take a 3 and a half year old at low tide? Have been meaning to take the young fella and give this a crack.

PM sent buddy.

Angus

Very good fish for this time of year.

That guard dog looks like he would have your arm off if you tried to make off with a rod!

Yeah I thought so to regarding time of year. However this place usually has some.

I had seen a few getting caught so thought it worth a crack.

Angus

Nice little report mate, sometimes I think we all forget what is right on our doorstep. You've inspired me to do the same and invest in a yabbie pump, lots of yabbie holes in front of raby bay and tinnie crk which I can aces by yak. Haven't caught a decent feed of whiting for ages, back to basics for a change. Ezy

Nice little report mate, sometimes I think we all forget what is right on our doorstep. You've inspired me to do the same and invest in a yabbie pump, lots of yabbie holes in front of raby bay and tinnie crk which I can aces by yak. Haven't caught a decent feed of whiting for ages, back to basics for a change. Ezy

Yeah mate that is my plan as well.

Next time I want a lazy Sunday kayak I am going to head down... Pump the yabs and just drift with one towed out the back.

Maybe have a second rod rigged with a plastic for when I feel motivated :)

In the right conditions there would be far worse ways to get a feed!

Angus

Archived