Kedron Brook Big Cattie - 7.10.15

curranboy99

Hello a report for a session on kedron brook

I left home at about 9.00am and walked down to my local creek with a small range of tackle targeting catfish on hardbodys knowing this is the prime time until February next year to target them. I was using a cheap $2.50 hardbody which i am impressed with, i was using this because i have lost heaps of halco rmgs down there to snags.

Anyway i was casting across the bank and slow rolling my lure thru the shallow sand flat. I saw a cattie look at my lure but not take it. so i changed to a slow twitching retrive with the same lure and after about 30 - 35casts the fish finally went to take and it was agro when it took it which was a big jolt in the rod and i struck. The fish bolted to the fallen timber a foot away and i managed to turn its head just inches away from the timber, i made a few cranks of the handle and it made some big trashing headshakes on the surface and tried to run to a rocky point but the 10LB braid and the 4/5 tight drag pulled it away. then i swept on tthe bank and took the trebles out and he sled into the water and went back to where he came from.

After the that my trebels were straightened and one of the hook points were broken off. So i left and walked home at 10.00am

Curranboy99 :)

riley.thomas i have no idea if they work as bait but i guess it would be simlar to using eel as bait because same skin type and texture

samsteele115 those eel tails do go hard and they bolt for the nearest snag making big headshakes on the surface i have found out. And they take a long time to strike which is a pain but fight is worth it. Spent many hours dangling lures in front of them over the years :)

Archived