AFO has moved to a new platform!!

AFO

• AFO featured this topic

Good to see you back AFO (got busy trying unsuccessfully to solve the Melbourne Cup riddle so haven't been checking daily for a few days). As a non-Facebooker it'll take me a little while to get used to the new layout however it looks good and more importantly, in my view, seems very fast which is a huge plus.  Well done and thanks as always for all of the effort put into the site.

Hope the new site is working well for everyone B) 

We will be continually improving the site over the coming weeks including:

• posting AFO Tips explaining new features and how to do some of the basic tasks
  • improving the menu and navigation to help you find latest posts, topics and content faster and easier
  • looking into reorganising / condensing categories with the assistance of a new tagging feature

As always, please post in the Website Problems category any issues and we will address them as soon as we can.

Also, we are always open for suggestions as well. Whilst we cannot guarantee that all suggestions will be implemented, we are always happy to hear what our members and guest would like and then we can see if they can be done.

• 7 months later...

As always there were a few grumbles when this first happened due to a desire for no change and a few little bugs but stats and contributions would now suggest it has by far and away been a success.

With that in mind don't sit and grumble over any little bugs that might be annoying you.

Assume we are not noticing these and let us know.

Also please allow some time to fix as:

a: We do not have always have a lot.

b: The more subtle a bug sometimes the harder it is to replicate and trouble shoot. 

Cheers!

Angus

Ok if you insist....

Afo on my smartphone is an absolute nightmare:

Delayed typing (type the sentence and it starts appearing 10 seconds later. The more I type the more delayed it gets)

Can't tag people (it works, but after tagging I can't do anything else because it won't allow me to click the cursor away from the tag. Probably too hard to explain)

Adding pictures can be difficult if you accidentally single click to insert picture instead of double click. Everything stuffs up and basically got to delete everything and start again. 

Emojis don't work. Only if you manually type in the ":P" for example. 

Cursor randomly jumbles and jumps back to a previous sentence.

There are other things that I can't think of right now but will come to me. Had to type this in my notes app in my phone because the typing delay on here is too tedious to put up with.

Apart from that everything since the platform change has been awesome. Especially activity as mentioned.

2 hours ago, samsteele115 said:

Ok if you insist....

Afo on my smartphone is an absolute nightmare:

Delayed typing (type the sentence and it starts appearing 10 seconds later. The more I type the more delayed it gets)

Can't tag people (it works, but after tagging I can't do anything else because it won't allow me to click the cursor away from the tag. Probably too hard to explain)

Adding pictures can be difficult if you accidentally single click to insert picture instead of double click. Everything stuffs up and basically got to delete everything and start again. 

Emojis don't work. Only if you manually type in the ":P" for example. 

Cursor randomly jumbles and jumps back to a previous sentence.

There are other things that I can't think of right now but will come to me. Had to type this in my notes app in my phone because the typing delay on here is too tedious to put up with.

Apart from that everything since the platform change has been awesome. Especially activity as mentioned.

Good to know. I am not tech savvy at all but will pass on to Webby.

The main problem straight off the bat with solving stuff like this is NONE of these things occur on my phone or computer. On the contrary things are far faster for me.

Anyway I will get webby to weigh in.

Angus

2 minutes ago, Angus said:

Good to know. I am not tech savvy at all but will pass on to Webby.

The main problem straight off the bat with solving stuff like this is NONE of these things occur on my phone or computer. On the contrary things are far faster for me.

Anyway I will get webby to weigh in.

Angus

I don't expect a fix especially if it's not consistent with others but thought I would mention. On the computer is no problem at all but my phone is my computer most of the time so most of my afo browsing is phone based.