Bribie Island

Northside Chic

Hi guys

I was just wondering if anyone had been fishing over at Bribie Island lately.  Does anyone know any spots where I might be able to take the kids to catch some whiting/flathead?  Also any suggestions of where to drop a crab pot.  I don't have a boat but can take a kayak out to drop the crab pot.  Thanks guys

hello northside chic

I have been fishing over at bribie island recently on the surf side and got plenty of whiting and  dart. A good spot to catch some whiting that I know of is at woorim near lions park which is a semi-surf beach which fishes good on rising or falling tides anytime from 6am - 12pm and if kids get bored fishing they can swim on this safe beach (never ever been caught in a rip here), use beachworms live or preserved on a short shank hook with a 1ball or 2ball sinker. I don't know anything about crabbing there but probbley the Bongaree jetty might have some.

hope this helps :) 

On 12/11/2015, 10:21:28, Northside Chic said:

Hi guys

I was just wondering if anyone had been fishing over at Bribie Island lately.  Does anyone know any spots where I might be able to take the kids to catch some whiting/flathead?  Also any suggestions of where to drop a crab pot.  I don't have a boat but can take a kayak out to drop the crab pot.  Thanks guys

Hi,

Had a bream comp over there about a month ago.

We did well early on topwater lures and shallow cranks over the flats south of Skipper's Canal on the Island side when the tide was high. This stretch usually fishes ok with lures at high tide and ok with live bait for whiting and bream towards the bottom. As for using your Yak to go drop a pot, there are small groups of mangroves across the passage towards the mainland, that hold crabs if you have the stamina to get there and back.

Alternatively, you can fish the gutter out the front of Bongaree and south towards Red Beach, using yabbies you can pump just south of the museum. This stretch is hit hard for yabbies, so it can be hit and miss. Use your Yak to similarly go drop pots at the mangroves on the mainland side if you can reach it, or just past the gutter on the island side, await from casting range. Just be careful not to put it in the main boating lanes.

Good luck.

• 4 weeks later...

Banksia beach is good as there is a drop off not to far from the beach. Head along Sunderland drive to solander esplanade and find a spot there. Also just north of there is where wrights creek and a drain from the canals flow into the passage. Worth a look on a run out tide. This can be accesed from solander esplanade or white patch rd. 

• 4 years later...