AFO Swap Meet & Squidding: 13th August

Angus

3 hours ago, helibase said:

I was there from 10-10:30.

I left after no one else showed up :no:

Ian

That is a shame Ian. Once again shame I could not be there but plans changed well in advance and I did post as such. One clown had a crack (deleted) about not turning up as if I had just not bothered but I had made the change known. It is not like myself not turning up can predicate a failed event.

It is a bit disheartening as far as trying to gee up interest goes when these things fail so any suggestions for trying again?

1. There seemed some confusion on the actual day how could this have been aleviated?

2. Was 10am Sat  poor choice? Would say a Sat or Sun afternoon suit more people?

3. Was it coincidentally just a bad timing?

4. Is there just not the interest?

Cheers

Angus

2 hours ago, Angus said:

That is a shame Ian. Once again shame I could not be there but plans changed well in advance and I did post as such. One clown had a crack (deleted) about not turning up as if I had just not bothered but I had made the change known. It is not like myself not turning up can predicate a failed event.

It is a bit disheartening as far as trying to gee up interest goes when these things fail so any suggestions for trying again?

1. There seemed some confusion on the actual day how could this have been aleviated?

2. Was 10am Sat  poor choice? Would say a Sat or Sun afternoon suit more people?

3. Was it coincidentally just a bad timing?

4. Is there just not the interest?

Cheers

Angus

Hi Angus, my thoughts:

1. I think I was the only idiot that got the dates confused and I have no idea why that happened but apologise to all if I confused anyone.

2.  If we are going to do it at a boat ramp maybe 12 noon would suit better so people could visit on the way in after a morning fish or on the way to an afternoon fish.

3.   For me it was just coincidentally bad timing as I had other commitments on the Saturday.

4.  I have a passing interest and would turn up if I was free just to meet a few new people but I don't think it is a critical thing for this forum. I have bought things from previous similar events and enjoyed meeting other members.

I did like your suggestion of offering deckie spots and would have done that if I was turning up on the day.  For the record, you were very open about your change in plans and past history tells us that these events can run successfully without any of the site owners or admin.

Hope this helps in some way. 

I concur with Steve ....

1. He was the only idiot .....

2. In hindsight 12 noon might be better (I didn't think of it as when I originally was planning on going - I too posted that I could no longer do so - I wasn't able to fish that day so the time didn't worry me)

4. Next time if I am free I'd happily turn up. A couple of options I can think of are possibly set two dates - a few days out if the first date is looking good for fishing, advise that the second date is going to be utilised instead. I guess though, you're never going to get everyone interested there.  Another option might be to combine it with a small social fishing comp (might give more people a reason to attend).  Like Steve said, however, it would be nice to make it happen but at the end of the day not absolutely crucial.

Archived