Where Else

rayke1938

Where else in Australia could you go to a freshwater dam that is within 35ks of the CBD and catch 60 quality bass and yellowbelly in a short mornings session?

http://www.prfma.com.au/boating-access-scheme

We launched around 6.45 and did our shrimp traps and headed downstream to the point opposite the end of Koala straight. (15 minutes in my electric powered tinney) where we picked up 35 fish in a little over an hour before the school moved on.

We then headed further downstream to show Kurt and Josh a bit more of the dam as they had never been there before.

We pulled up on a drop off beside the edge of the old river bed and nothing was showing on the sounder but when we went to move on there was plenty of activity in 40 odd feet of water so I hit the spot lock and the fun commenced again.

We had to knock off at 11am as I had arranged to pick up my boating access permit for the new season that commences on 1/9/16

Total score was 56 bass ,2 yellas and 2 tandans.

If anyone wishes a trip there drop me a pm or ring 0403072325 as I quite often have spare seats. Only 2 conditions no smoking and no bananas.

Cheers

Ray

DSCN0314.JPG

DSCN0316.JPG

DSCN0317.JPG

DSCN0319.JPG

DSCN0320 (640x480).jpg

DSCN0321 (640x480).jpg

Archived