15-24kg or lighter

ryno1983

Im looking at the wilson live fibre 7ft 15-24kg.

Wanting to start out at the closer reefs bottom bashing, but when im more confident head out to the 50 fathoms.

Should i go lighter say 8-10 or 8-15kg for little more game and enjoyment? Id prefer more game though im thinking that this stuff will just get blown when i finally head out to the 50's? And the $$ wont support both.

Thanks guys

Pulling in 5kilo snapper on a broomstick would not bore me:woohoo: ;)

I guess it depends on what other gear you've got as to how general purpose you want to go. Naturally the lighter the gear the more fun you will have. That is until you're pulling in a few and you're buggered and are wishing you could do it all a bit quicker.:)

Also depends on what reel you'll be sticking on it too.

The tip on the 15-24 is rediculously light I had to cut a foot off the top of mine to get appropriate action for that weight rod.

It bends fully over at its cutdown length with 10kg line on it so im not kidding.

afo member dom was setting up some gear for deep sea, i steered him away from the lf rods and he is very happy with the results and good value for $.

for more game think light spin outfits and softplastics.

the fish dont really get any bigger at the 50s, just need more lead and its hard work on spongy rods.

Mate im putting a tyrnus 20 on one live fibre and a spheros 1400 on the other. Are you saying that 7ft 15-24kg is to long? Should i get a 6foot 6?

What lb line do you think i run on the reels? 20 or 40? This gear is for the 36 fathoms and maybe the 50's a little later, chasing whatever is done there.

Thanks mackmauler.

Thanks

Archived