Comeuppance

rayke1938

For those who fish NPD regularly or follow my and Dinos posts you will be familiar with percy the guts.

The last couple of trips he has had a companion that Andrew has called the interloper;

DSCN0437 (640x480).jpg

Percy having a dirty chest and grunts whilst the interloper clucks quietly but the interloper is much more aggressive coming right up to the side of the boat trying to steal a caught fish.

They both know the significance of a bent rod. 

After feeding them the odd bleeding bass and spangly I caught a good sized tandan and after killing it and cutting off its spines I threw it to them and percy grabbed it and took off with the interloper in hot pursuit.

During the next 5 minutes Mark and I could not stop laughing. Every time percy tried to shift the fish around in his bill so it was head first so he could swallow it the interloper would grab him by the head and shake his head to try to get him to disgorge the fish.

Then another 4 pelicans joined in the affray and the 2 resident eagles also came over for a look.

Percy finally managed to turn the tandan around and got it half way down when another pelican grabbed him around the neck below the bulge of the fish and prevented him from swallowing it before percy shook it off and finally got the tandan down.

Wish I had it on a video.

The fishing was pretty slow compared to the other day with 44bass a couple of spanglies and one tandan.

Cheers

Ray

DSCN0432 (640x480).jpg

DSCN0433 (640x480).jpg

DSCN0440 (640x480).jpg

DSCN0441 (640x480).jpg

DSCN0442 (640x480).jpg

Gee that bass did well to survive that type of tag there.

When Percy first showed up he was very aggressive as well, he would grab for a fish while you were trying to net it. I think he might have got a touch up from a couple of fishermen, as he is much more careful these days.

Archived