First Kayak

hooklineandsinker

Hi everyone 

I have seen a Viking kayak that is very cheap but not a fishing specific one. So it doesn't have rod holders,padded seat. My question is. If I was going to carry 1 rod do I really require a rod holder and I can get a padded seat from a shop like bcf. 

Please let me know your thoughts as I would love to join the kayak side of fishing 

cheers 

adam

Yes you can buy padded seats specifically for kayaks, just as easy to visit the garden centre and get a $10 cuashion for na outdoor BBQ setting,  yes it is fairly easy to fit a rod holder to most kayaks, but you might need to think about it and get creative.

I have attached some photo's of the various systems I have used over the years on my kayaks. Unfortunately I cant find a good photo of my home made extension I used on a standard boat rod holder for a while, got half a photo that shows it was just an aluminium RHS bar used.

There are specialty expensive kayak specific systems, (see the yellow kayak), $5 fittings (first 2 photos) or a standard boat rod holder.

The main thing is to find something that allows the rod to sit where you want it to. You might need to buy or make an extension from a standard mount to allow enough room for the rod but etc.

Pb080003.jpg

seabreeze front.jpg

yak on water.jpg

P1050049.jpg

PC050020.jpg

P3110282.jpg

PA250006.jpg

28 minutes ago, Binder said:

Yes you can buy padded seats specifically for kayaks, just as easy to visit the garden centre and get a $10 cuashion for na outdoor BBQ setting,  yes it is fairly easy to fit a rod holder to most kayaks, but you might need to think about it and get creative.

I have attached some photo's of the various systems I have used over the years on my kayaks. Unfortunately I cant find a good photo of my home made extension I used on a standard boat rod holder for a while, got half a photo that shows it was just an aluminium RHS bar used.

There are specialty expensive kayak specific systems, (see the yellow kayak), $5 fittings (first 2 photos) or a standard boat rod holder.

The main thing is to find something that allows the rod to sit where you want it to. You might need to buy or make an extension from a standard mount to allow enough room for the rod but etc.

Pb080003.jpg

seabreeze front.jpg

yak on water.jpg

P1050049.jpg

PC050020.jpg

P3110282.jpg

PA250006.jpg

Thanks mate . Unfortunately I did miss out on the one I was looking at but just means I may be able to afford one with the whole set up

Archived