Decky Broke The Camels Back.

rayke1938

You may remember previous sagas that I have had with a member of another forum.

Always late ,or slept in ,or forgot ,sore leg, refused to use a mobile phone,more excuses than greenbottle.

I ended up banning him over a year ago.and being soft in the head after him giving a big sob story I relented and have taken him out 3 times with him only being late once but he did ring ,

I had arranged to meet him at my place this morning and them meet Mark at the hinze western arm at 5.30.

Guess what no show so off I go and going along German Church road doing 65 in a 60 zone flashing blue lights behind me so I pull over and " had anything to drink? No then in a bit of a hurry? So i started to tell my sad tale and saying I was only car on the road when my phone started to ring when i did not answer after seeing who the caller was and said thats him.Policeman very understanding and said take care and let me go.

Just as I got into nerang the phone rang and !!@@###@@ said how do I get to the western arm ramp and I said do not bother you are now welcome.

He email is now in my spam list and ignore list on the other forum.

Anyhow rant over the fishing was quiet with only 18 bass and one barred grunter boated.

I had a bass that I thought that i could take out a prize in Mad Micks fish of the month.DSCN0486 (640x480).jpg

But looks like with all the excitement of the new bub Angus forgot to include smallest fish category.

Mark got one in the high 40s that he said he would put up.

Another early finish due to inclement weather ( Reading between the lines we were not catching fish)

Back at ramp by 11am.

Cheers

Ray

DSCN0487 (640x480).jpg

DSCN0488 (640x480).jpg

You're far more patient than I.

Unless there is a genuine reason there is no invite the second time. If they are late they have missed the boat.

There are plenty of appreciative deckies so there is no need to take unreliable ones out. 

Hope it didn't ruin your day.

Cupcake... Now that's a good username lol!!!  Cupcakes was spending her hard earned cash at BCF :17_heart_eyes:

It's supposed to be a fantastic week weather wise. Tomorrow I am heading up to Nambour Hospital for some treatment but hoping to get a session in somewhere in the way home if there's enough time before the school bell!

Thurs or Fri I'd love to head out if you go!

Another great day fishing with "The Master" (Ray). Even when the fishing is a bit slow, its still great fun with Ray. As Ray said, we only got 18 fish - but they were pretty good quality. I've been trying some eBay fluorocarbon (three different ones) as leaders but have had lots of breakages at the hook knot, so ended up going back to the old reliable Kmart bulk spool of 12lb nylon as a leader. Yep, it is still sold under the old imperial standards of pounds. It cost a mighty $3 and has filled a couple of spools for others who ran out of line on a trip and still works fine as a leader, though is a bit thick and bright blue. Had it now for almost 2 years too.

Ray got a very nice Bass towards the end of the trip which Ray brought to the boat complete with it's own snag attached. Quite a feat actually.

Not sure how to enter the biggest bass comp so if anyone can direct me, it will be appreciated. It's probably right before my eyes...

If you want to know our spots, here's the hint - "X" marks the spot. (see photo0image029 (Lo res).jpgimage015 (Lo res).jpg

Just a follow up. I was shopping at the local wollies this arvo when a bloke came up to me in the car park and said how did you go on Saturday/

it was the policeman from saturday i did not recognize him as he was in civvies.

Really restores your faith in human nature.

Cheers

Ray

Archived