School Is In

Dinodadog

Had one of those great days out at NPD this morning when everything went right. Trolling was great, jigging was great and shrimping was great, result 138 bass and one yella. I have been doing well with plastics, working out how to use them to get a strike. I could of got a lot more fish but the thought of missing out on lunch scared me half to death.:lol:

Dino

001.JPG

002.JPG

004.JPG

007.JPG

008.JPG

010.JPG

011.JPG

014.JPG

015.JPG

016.JPG

017.JPG

018.JPG

8 hours ago, hooklineandsinker said:

Lures mate. I don't have any spinnerbaits but will probs get some Thursday. 

I would go to Macgavins to the picnic area up the hill, head down to the water and throw spinnerbaits. Each time you change spots, let the first cast go to the bottom, counting as it goes down, then each cast after count down but stop it before it gets to the bottom, that way you keep  your lure a little longer. If you dont have any trouble with snags then you can try throwing something different. Dont just prop in the one spot, keep walking and casting.There is an article in the PRFMA site under articles and contributions on landbased fishing and some reference spots.

Dino

10 minutes ago, Dinodadog said:

I would go to Macgavins to the picnic area up the hill, head down to the water and throw spinnerbaits. Each time you change spots, let the first cast go to the bottom, counting as it goes down, then each cast after count down but stop it before it gets to the bottom, that way you keep  your lure a little longer. If you dont have any trouble with snags then you can try throwing something different. Dont just prop in the one spot, keep walking and casting.There is an article in the PRFMA site under articles and contributions on landbased fishing and some reference spots.

Dino

Thanks mate. I do have the option of getting a kayak as well but since it's my first time out there and will be my first time in a yak I may just keep it land based

Permits are selling now $110 single or $150 family will last you till August next year. If you learn fast its the best money you can spend. You get to fish the north pine  arm of the dam about 1/3 of the dam. 2/3 of the dam is earmarked to be opened to the public in the future, that could be one to five years  away as the cost is enormous

Dino.

Archived