Madmic's Fotm: November

Madmic

Hi Guys,

FOTM Entries - November 2016

The Fish Of The Month for November is: Whiting (any species) 

How to submit Entries:- Entries must be received by 8pm on the last day of each month. Entries must be in the format shown below (a good idea would be to copy and paste and then fill out for your catch).

Angler:

Species:

Where Caught: (location eg Bretts Wharf or Indooroopilly Bridge etc)

When:

Size: Length (overall) (please note a clearly discernible measuring device must be evident). We realize this will be challenging with a big spanish for example but do your best :)

Weight: if possible

Photo: Attach photo by browsing and finding the photo/s and then when finished writing your entry hit submit and the image will automatically be included.

Unique Item: A number that can be shown on a written card, display of fingers etc:

The Unique Signal for this competition is 

" 6 " Either with fingers or printed number

Caption/Catch Report: (In the interest of fostering knowledge any little tid bits may be appreciated by the readers)

Bragging Rights: Bragging rights will be available to a potential 3 anglers... 

1. Largest Fish Caught On Bait

2. Largest Fish Caught On Lure

3. Largest Fish Caught Land Based

28 minutes ago, Madmic said:

I will be interested to see if anyone takes on the challenge of a popper caught whiting ;)

Challenge accepted... I've been meaning to try out a little 40mm clear popper for a while now.

In saying that we had our third child 2 weeks ago so fishing may be off the cards :baby:

2 minutes ago, Doyley said:

Challenge accepted... I been meaning to try out a little 40mm clear popper for a while now.

In saying that we had our third child 2 weeks ago so fishing may be off the cards :baby:

Congratulations on the new born :) 

It's something I too have had on my to do list for a while. This could be the time :1310_thumbsup_tone1:

On 03/11/2016 at 9:40 PM, Doyley said:

Challenge accepted... I've been meaning to try out a little 40mm clear popper for a while now.

A couple of years ago I had great success with 25 - 30mm shallow divers and poppers on whiting sight casting from the kayak in a foot or so of water as the tide ran in over the sand flats in Ningi creek. I found if the lure was any bigger - not a touch. Had to keep it moving to, if it stopped for any length of time they must of got a good enough look to realise it was dodgy and they would swim away.

Thanks @ellicat very easy to understand and simple logical steps for those of us (probably just me) who don't know the basics of targeting a specific species. As much as I like to think I'm no beginner and have plenty of experience, I don't take things too seriously when heading out and generally just bait up and cast without much thought of rig style... If I catch them I win which means I'm never disappointed. But saying that I'm not one to sit idle and I am wanting to learn and set goals for myself - and achieve them! This is undoubtedly why I am the master of Bream (easily pleased and not fussy like myself).

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Madmic said:

Hey all,

Only a couple of days left for your last minute entries into this months competition.

Any Whiting caught on bait from a boat or landbased will win a free lure at this stage so it's up to you :)

Remember those #6's and Good Luck

Madmic

Yeah typical after I realized we never got another whiting at straddy. Plenty of fish just no tings! typical! 

Looking forward to seeing next species!

Archived