Blakesley's Social Weekend Febuary 24th To 26th

tugger

Post up here if your keen to join the crew over at Blakesleys for the weekend or even just the day this is a great way to meet new members and get out for a fish. Blakesleys camp is on nth Stradbroke island directly across from Victoria point in the Redlands and is only a short 10 to 15 minute run in the boat from the ramp. The camp grounds are flat and shady but only have bins provided I always bring a shower with an ensuite pop up tent that you are welcome to use just bring some extra water.

There are plenty of fishing options in the bay and only a short run to south passage bar for some offshore action, on the Saturday night we will have a cook up of roasted meats and veges on the coals with camp ovens and rotisserie spits. To finish off for desert I always do my world famous butterscotch pudding in the camp oven, don't forget to bring your fold up chair for all the banter around the camp fire at night I am sure there will be plenty of tall tales of fishing escapades.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, tugger said:

Post up here if your keen to join the crew over at Blakesleys for the weekend or even just the day this is a great way to meet new members and get out for a fish. Blakesleys camp is on nth Stradbroke island directly across from Victoria point in the Redlands and is only a short 10 to 15 minute run in the boat from the ramp.

Keen. As previously mentioned I will play the new baby card and call maybe at the moment. But I cannot see at least a day trip being a problem and I am sure @Drop Bear would be keen to give his new tinny a run and explore some ground.

Angus

14 minutes ago, Angus said:

I will head over on the Friday and set up camp I will bring a tarp and table for the day camp along with the pop up ensuite and as much fire wood I can scrounge up. Also post on the thread if you need a lift over by boat and are chasing deckie spots for fishing there should be a few boats offering spots.

13 hours ago, tugger said:

Post up here if your keen to join the crew over at Blakesleys for the weekend or even just the day this is a great way to meet new members and get out for a fish. Blakesleys camp is on nth Stradbroke island directly across from Victoria point in the Redlands and is only a short 10 to 15 minute run in the boat from the ramp. The camp grounds are flat and shady but only have bins provided I always bring a shower with an ensuite pop up tent that you are welcome to use just bring some extra water.

There are plenty of fishing options in the bay and only a short run to south passage bar for some offshore action, on the Saturday night we will have a cook up of roasted meats and veges on the coals with camp ovens and rotisserie spits. To finish off for desert I always do my world famous butterscotch pudding in the camp oven, don't forget to bring your fold up chair for all the banter around the camp fire at night I am sure there will be plenty of tall tales of fishing escapades.

Good on you @tugger sounds incredible. And the FOOD!!!  A well 'seasoned' camper and camp cook you obviously are! I'm sure you could teach me plenty. I've always said as a Chef (and in anything in life) the day you think you know it all is the day you should walk away. My campfire cooking experience is limited to a pizza on the coals and throwing a tin of baked beans into the fire (with a little stab in the tin). This sounds like glamping to me with showers and a feast!!!

As it gets closer we will talk about the saturday night tucker and who can bring what food so we don't double up to much, there should be plenty of camp ovens and rotiseries so that will be covered. There will ve a cricket match on the beach so if there is a few kids playing the adults will be handicapped by having a beer in hand at all times in the feild.

I'm in, Needing 2 deckie spots please... Closer to the day if there is any chance of room to cart my Kayak over with us (or anyone else) that would be a bonus. Just a good opportunity for my man to have a yakking session off the beach. All comes down to space though.

Also what is the usual amount of water we need to take and do you just use a Jerry Can?  Also what is the expected costs for chipping in for fuel?

51 minutes ago, Danielle said:

I'm in, Needing 2 deckie spots please..ser to the day if there chance of room to cart my Kayak over with us (or anyone else) that would be a bonus. Just a good opportunity for my man tdon'te a yakking session off the bea ch. All comes down to space though.

Also what is the usual amount of water we need to take and do you just use a Jerry Can?  Also what is the expected costs for chipping in for fuel?

I should be able to ferry you over Danielle will be able to either tow your kayak or fit it in the boat depending on its length, 20 litres does 2 people for 2 nights ifmyour water wise while showering and i use old plastic drums don't go buying a new drum i have plenty at home just let me know closer when you need a lift over. I think about $10 would cover fuel over and back from victoria point at a quick guess.

15 hours ago, kmcrosby78 said:

I should be able to make it - will check if my brother and Dad are keen. Will probably just bring the tinny and stay Sat night.  Danielle, Mark is a man of many talents - you should hear him yodel ......... :whistle:

Yodelling is all about preperation you must gargle plenty of bubbly fluid

I will be in, but seeing as though my wife will be  about 7 months pregnant around this stage, the duration and details of my stay will be up in the air. Will definitely make the day, but will aim for the Saturday night camp. More than happy to bring my boat which can comfortably fish one decky spot, both inside and outside. Never crossed SPB, so would love to follow someone out (Hint, hint Julian @demarc). Either way quite keen.

2 hours ago, Tybo said:

I will be in, but seeing as though my wife will be  about 7 months pregnant around this stage, the duration and details of my stay will be up in the air. Will definitely make the day, but will aim for the Saturday night camp. More than happy to bring my boat which can comfortably fish one decky spot, both inside and outside. Never crossed SPB, so would love to follow someone out (Hint, hint Julian @demarc). Either way quite keen.

There will be a few of our boats heading offshore if the weather allows the spanish mackerel will be thick by then just outside the bar there

2 hours ago, Tybo said:

Mate if I can make PNG 3 weeks after the birth you can make Blakesleys 2 months before it :P

52 minutes ago, tugger said:

There will be a few of our boats heading offshore if the weather allows the spanish mackerel will be thick by then just outside the bar there

I will leave all spots open for people who can 100% commit but I would certainly love to get stuck into the spanish!!!

I reckon (bar pending) @Drop Bear's boat may be able to get over it.

Angus

16 hours ago, Angus said:

I will leave all spots open for people who can 100% commit but I would certainly love to get stuck into the spanish!!!

I reckon (bar pending) @Drop Bear's boat may be able to get over it.

Angus

I will leave a spot open for offshore Angus if i can get out will definately be chasing spanish, kingies and snapper

14 hours ago, straddiebrad said:

i will book the friday off so i can come for the 3 day also,i will leave form rudys might have a spare spot will no in a few days .brad

Sounds good Brad i can't wait to get sand between my toes again and sit around the camp fire 

17 minutes ago, kmcrosby78 said:

From memory the tide goes out a long way so bigger boats in particular need an anchor retrieval system (can't remember what you call it)?

It goes out to far for our retrievel sytems last time i anchored out past the bank and used a small inflatable boat to get out to our bigger boats it works well

8 minutes ago, tugger said:

It goes out to far for our retrievel sytems last time i anchored out past the bank and used a small inflatable boat to get out to our bigger boats it works well

No need for an inflatable this time - Danielle will have her kayak so I'm sure for $5 a pop she'll be happy to paddle around all weekend retrieving peoples boats for them, she's a good egg .......... :whistle:;):devil:

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 6:41 AM, straddiebrad said:

have to try and get there on the high tide so we dont have to carry the stuff far

I will have lots of wood, tarps, table and cooking gear etc so I will definitely get there just before the high tide I will aim for 7am over there Brad

2 hours ago, timtam_ said:

I'm in! It'll be good to put a couple of names to their respective faces. I can bring the tinny - possibly can be used to ferry out to the bigger boats? I'd love two seats on any boat to get out wide if that's happening :) 

I will chat to all the big boat skippers and see who can fit anyone wanting to fish offshore the usual questions we ask is do you know if you get seasick offshore. Will be good to meet all the new faces and catch up with the old crew, these socials are a top way tqo break the ice 

Archived