Help For A Beginner

Roma

1 hour ago, Roma said:

Hi all

need some help I want to know some good spots to try flicking lures and what lures work well

Jacobs Well is close but i don't mind to travel and explore i have no boat

any help would be much appreciated

thanks everyone

This sort of question is so hard to answer in text. Come to the Blakesleys social I am sure heaps of people will be happy to offer first hand tips.

Failing that read deep and well into the forum. The best thing about a forum like this vs a magazine is you dont need to hear marketing pitches. Just actual reports by people saying what they do and where and the failures and succeses.

Angus

On 12/24/2016 at 7:06 PM, Angus said:

This sort of question is so hard to answer in text. Come to the Blakesleys social I am sure heaps of people will be happy to offer first hand tips.

Failing that read deep and well into the forum. The best thing about a forum like this vs a magazine is you dont need to hear marketing pitches. Just actual reports by people saying what they do and where and the failures and succeses.

Angus

what, when and where is the blakesleys socia

On 12/24/2016 at 7:06 PM, Angus said:

Angus

I have some time of over xmas and want to go fishing before I go back to work so i was just wondering some nice easy to get to spots to have a flick

unfortunately  I don't have a way of getting over to Stradbroke island

1 hour ago, Roma said:

I have some time of over xmas and want to go fishing before I go back to work so i was just wondering some nice easy to get to spots to have a flick

unfortunately  I don't have a way of getting over to Stradbroke island

Plenty of ways to get to Straddie. Walk on passenger on the barge is really cheap and the water taxis are not dear. Once you get there the bus service to Amity or Point Lookout is frequent and cheap. You can get to the barge or water taxi by public transport from almost anywhere. Good luck!  

1 hour ago, Roma said:

ok then I will keep that weekend free then

If you check out that link you may find a lift over as well. Lots of generous people offering deckie spots. It is the number 1 benefit of this website over other social media. The goal is to build a community that goes well beyond advice. So yeah check it out and see what offers exist.

As for your first question a pretty fun way to flick lures without a boat is to pack a backpack with a few lures and keep google maps open. Around Coomera area there are hundreds of canals etc with various land based access points. Worth a go.

From my experience, the successful lures i own is a whiting popper i bought for about $4 at a tackle shop at Noosaville. Caught fish in all eastern states with it. It resembles the attached pic. In terms of whiting, I've had the most success in late summer months, at high tide on clear sunny days with little wind. They tend to be a lot bigger in late summer ~45cm+. I always use polarised glasses to spot them. Worth a shot if you're near the coast.

popper.jpg

On 12/29/2016 at 9:24 PM, Aquarian said:

From my experience, the successful lures i own is a whiting popper i bought for about $4 at a tackle shop at Noosaville. Caught fish in all eastern states with it. It resembles the attached pic. In terms of whiting, I've had the most success in late summer months, at high tide on clear sunny days with little wind. They tend to be a lot bigger in late summer ~45cm+. I always use polarised glasses to spot them. Worth a shot if you're near the coast.

popper.jpg

thanks for this very helpful advice

Archived