Carp Fishing Brisbane

judthesizzler

• 4 months later...
On 16/09/2018 at 1:10 PM, ErinGoBrach said:

Hey guys finally got my ass into gear and got back out on the Albert. Got myself a Kayak to try some ares a little further up river, no luck in the lower reaches but have finally found a few carp above the weir. Good sizes too. All dead and buried  so i will be heading back to get hooked into a few more. Great fun and great fight out of them too as i expected. Any one keen to join me for a few carp??

Carp.jpg

Cool fish I’d be keen to take the yak up there!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
37 minutes ago, ErinGoBrach said:

Hey all 

I ended up heading back home to ireland at short notice but back on the river now, went out again at the weekend tried a new swim wiht some success, but far too many turtles. Might give it another shot on friday morning

What is a swim? 

15 hours ago, ErinGoBrach said:

@Nickflud i should have tiem to get out over easter too mate, im based in beenleigh adn usually fish the albert. Have you heard of any other spots?

SEQ Carp and Tilly buster page on Facebook is a great resource for spots around SEQ. I think it is a closed group but easy to join. 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/617464571721203/

1 hour ago, ErinGoBrach said:

Thanks mate I’ll have a look at that over the weekend. Do bass like any bait or is my best chance of hooking them with lures ?? 

Bass love bait especially live bait. They will take lots of different things including worms, meal worms even bread but the most popular and successful bait I know is live shrimp. If you can purchase a shrimp trap and bait and put in some seaweed you will likely get some native shrimp... ( I don't know why we don't call them prawns...)  Also if you can get your hands on cut worm or Witchetty grubs they work really well too.  You can find them in most compost heaps that have lawn clippings in it. You will catch tilapia and carp this way too. 

But shrimp are deadly. If there are Bass in the area they will hit it. 

While shrimp traps are readily available to buy you can make your own shrimp traps too. @rayke1938 has some great threads with plans. Here is one thread he did a while ago with a great cheap trap you can make. 

• 3 years later...

Hey guys! Ive recently just arrived in brisbane from the UK, just wondering if there are still many carp caught from bulimba creek? And where else might be worth a try these days? Managed to catch some lovely bass from the lawnton area of brisbane yesterday but the english angler in me desperately wants just 1 carp 😂 Ive been down to bulimba today and seen a few carp but access to the river is a bit of a nightmare! 

Thanks all! 

You won't get carp in the lower reaches of the river. Have a look around the back of Carindale Shopping Centre where Bulimba Creek is fresh. There is a park on Surbiton Court, Carindale where you can access the creek and walk a fair distance upstream. Be mindful of snakes at this time of year.

Let us know how you get on. 🙂

Capture.thumb.JPG.ec7c26c08794fcc549e19a848f1e2b5a.JPG

I've actually been wondering about this myself and a mate's dad a while back (pre-flooding) suggested there's carp in the big freshwater ponds out the back of the Oxley Common nature reserve.

I haven't fished it myself, and it looks quite shallow and lifeless since the last time I visited, so I really don't know if this is true for sure. 

Just putting it out there. 

image.png.4c14c6a11e939f926e5c6217fd43e6c8.png

Hey MaCauely, Try the albert river above the weir or at Chardon bridge mate, great Carp in there, easier accessed by a Kayak but you can get to the banks, just be care full of snakes 😄 I usually take the kayak down there and grab a few carp every trip, changed the Yak recently so haven't been for a while but all ways keen to hunt some carp

https://goo.gl/maps/yhJGhkYPH2xVPKqj6