Flathead In Enoggera/breakfast Creek, Brisbane

Michael91

Last night I caught a nice flathead from the pedestrian bridge crossing Enoggera Creek at the end of Bishop St, Kelvin Grove - on a $1 plastic lure from Aldi!

I normally go much further up towards where the creek meets the Brisbane River (under Bowen Bridge Rd by the RBWH) and have caught a few bream there, dozens of catfish and a single flathead.

I've since learned that a flathead of this size is probably a female and one that I should have released. Too late for that now and I did get two beautiful fillets out of her.

Web-7653.jpg

2 hours ago, Michael91 said:

Last night I caught a nice flathead from the pedestrian bridge crossing Enoggera Creek at the end of Bishop St, Kelvin Grove - on a $1 plastic lure from Aldi!

I normally go much further up towards where the creek meets the Brisbane River (under Bowen Bridge Rd by the RBWH) and have caught a few bream there, dozens of catfish and a single flathead.

I've since learned that a flathead of this size is probably a female and one that I should have released. Too late for that now and I did get two beautiful fillets out of her.

Web-7653.jpg

Mate if you want a feed of flatty that is a great size dont feel bad. Oversized limit is 75cm so you have heaps of room to move there. Cool catch for the creek.

Archived