Nrl 2017

Gad

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Dinodadog said:

Once again I come back to the refs, if its a big game state of origan or country against country, they throw the rule book out the window, they say people like to see a fast moving game but what message does this send to junior players, they try it next time they play and get pinged for it. Classic example has been Aussie refs hardly any penalties, Pomie ref plenty of penalties in the first 20 mins. I reakon the better game is when its reffed properly.

Dino

my big bug bear is forward passes leading to trys, if refs can refer to video ref for  checks of player/s 'on side' where bombs/kicks lead to trys, WHY can`t the same be done for suspected forward passes after all the receiver of the forward pass is 'off side'.  So easy to get rid of this anomaly if the NRL wanted to, can not understand why they do not act on it.

you may be onto something there, Milpool. He has been (old boys) gifted a team that Hasler was finally able to get rid of the dead wood, bring a few youngsters in and bring in some good cattle to replace over paid, under performing stock.... future looks good as long as he does not overPay it!:) 

1 hour ago, Milpool said:

The Roosters must have a damn good accountant. How do they fit that team under the cap?

again, you may be onto something there, Milpool .

His creative accountancy, (along with Hasler`s conspiring  behind the scenes encouragement, I`m sure :lol:) has got rid of SKD, Guerra, Kane Evans,Connor Watson off the books for next season and before this, Maloney, Jennings and Tuivasa-Sheck in last couple of years and only bought Keary and Gordon on reasonable money

.... definitely needs salary cap investigating :frantics:  

Kangaroo`s team named for Week 2   Fridays night game against France

four debutants named: Cameron Munster, Felise Kaufusi, Reagan Campbell-Gillard, Tom Trbojevic

Billy Slater, Tom Trbojevic, Will Chambers, Josh Dugan, Josh Mansour, Michael Morgan, James Maloney, Jordan McLean, Cameron Smith, Reagan Campbell-Gillard, Wade Graham, Tyson Frizell, Josh McGuire. Bench: Cameron Munster, Felise Kaufusi, Aaron Woods, David Klemmer.

Reserves: Valentine Holmes, Matt Gillett, Dane Gagai, Boyd Cordner.

Week 2

Times listed below Qlder AEST

Friday, November 3

Australia v France at Canberra Stadium, Canberra, 7 pm  QLDER time

Live on Channel 7 in: Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane.

Live on 7mate in: Adelaide and Perth.

Saturday, November 4

New Zealand v Scotland at Christchurch Stadium, Christchurch, 2 pm QLDER time

Live on 7mate in: Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth.

Samoa v Tonga at Waikato Stadium, Hamilton, 4.30pm QLDER time

England v Lebanon at Sydney Football Stadium, Sydney, 7 pm QLDER time

Sunday, November 5

Papua New Guinea v Ireland at Oil Search National Football Stadium, Port Moresby, 4 pm QLDER time

Italy v USA at Townsville Stadium, Townsville, Delayed broadcast

Delayed broadcast on 7mate in: Sydney (12.15am AEDT Monday), Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth.

Fiji v Wales at Townsville Stadium, Townsville, 6.30pm QLDER time

I`m expecting the game tonight to be on the higher level an official training run for the Aussies, not meaning to be disrespectful to the Frogs but……

James Maloney has been ruled out of tonight’s World Cup clash with France to deal with a private family matter in Sydney.

Cameron Munster will move from the bench into the halfback slot and play alongside five-eighth Michael Morgan.

Valentine Holmes has been added to the bench while the Kangaroos have been given approval to bring Dane Gagai into the 19-man squad.

Friday, November 3

Australia 52  v  France:ausflag:

This turned out to be a fairly entertaining game :). The final score line was not a surprise for anyone.

Credit must go to the French, they didn`t allow themselves to be beaten into submission or take a backward step for the 80 minutes. :)

New Zealand 74  v  Scotland 6

Scotland the Brave, unsurprisingly completely outclassed.

Just as well those 17 Scotsmen have ugly legs :), if they had replied to the haka with a Brave Hearts lifted kilt moon, the image of them being totally shafted :whistle: before kick off , would have haunted me forever. :lol:

Samoa 18  v  Tonga 32

I expected this to be a hard, closely fought, on the edge of the seat type game,  to my eyes it wasn`t.

Samoa appeared to play 70 of the 80 minutes in 2nd gear and took virtually all game to show they wanted at least 18 points. Tonga rightly won the match, they played good hard footy and appeared to do so much more and yet the score line doesn`t really reflect that effort. IMHO

Then again, may be my Thursday`s optometrist`s appointment and new specs order was a little overdue.:lol:

12 minutes ago, Gad said:

Sunday

Papua New Guinea 14  v  Ireland 6

Talk about ‘the luck of the Irish’ :)…. with bad ball handling from both they did manage to come 2nd!:lol:

Heaps of mistakes but still one of the most entertaining games I have seen for a while. So much enthusiasm on both sides. There will be some sore boys tomorrow.

10 hours ago, ellicat said:

What did I miss ?

media reports are Tedesco was king hit? by team mate, while putting hard word on said team mates GF at a team gathering in a Cairns pub. Tedesco said it was all a miss understanding

RLWC officials are investigating allegations.

Italian officials say everyone involved have kissed and made out... oops, should say kissed and made up.  unofficial sources say every thing is now okey pokey or should that be okey dokey. Bloody Italians when they get over emotional they talk with their hands and it can be hard to follow the conversation :lol:

EDIT  link: http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/world-cup/italian-drama-as-james-tedesco-kinghit-by-teammate-in-bar-brawl/news-story/1971b276704543a27dc3fb17ab1117f5

RLWC WEEK 3

Friday, November 10

ALL kick off  times shown below are  Qlder times

Fiji v Italy   Canberra Stadium, Canberra   6.40pm Qld (AEST)  Live on 7mate: Brisbane.

Saturday, November 11

New Zealand v Tonga   Waikato Stadium, Hamilton   2.00pm Qld (AEST)  Live on 7mate: Brisbane.

Samoa v Scotland   Barlow Park, Cairns,      4.15 pm Qld (AEST)  Live on 7mate: Brisbane.

Australia v Lebanon.  Sydney Football Stadium, Sydney    7.00 pm Qld (AEST)  Live on Channel 7: Brisbane

Sunday, November 12

Papua New Guinea v USA   Oil Search National Football Stadium, Port Moresby    3.00pm Qld (AEST)  Live on 7mate: Brisbane.

Wales v Ireland   Perth Rectangular Stadium, Perth    5.30pm Qld (AEST)  Live on 7mate: Brisbane.

England v France    Perth Rectangular Stadium, Perth      8.00pm Qld (AEST)  Live on 7mate: Brisbane.

AUSTRALIA v LEBANON  Australia team announced: 

Changes again for the Kangaroos. Ben Hunt joins the interchange bench.  Valentine Holmes at fullback, Dane Gagai onto a wing, Tom Trbojevic and Cameron Munster are the centres. James Maloney and Cooper Cronk the halves and it’s a seasoned front and second row forward pack with Felise Kaufusi at lock.

1. Valentine Holmes 2. Dane Gagai 3. Tom Trbojevic 4. Cameron Munster 5. Josh Mansour 6. James Maloney 7. Cooper Cronk 8. Aaron Woods 9. Cameron Smith 10. David Klemmer 11. Boyd Cordner 12. Matt Gillett 13. Felise Kaufusi

interchange bench:14. Ben Hunt 15. Jordan McLean 16. Reagan Campbell-Gillard 17. Wade Graham

reserves:18. Josh McGuire 19. Michael Morgan 20. Josh Dugan 21. Billy Slater

Kiwis V Tonga should be a cracker !

Will be watching Twal (Lebanon) with interest again too. He played for the Tigers, subbing at 2nd row, in the latter part of the season. In last weeks loss to the Poms he played prop and ran for 145 metres, 52 tackles (zero missed tackles). Very promising.

Hopefully they belt the crackers out of each other, as this is the last round of pool games :devil: battered and tenderised Kiwis :P

hope the Kumuls take advantage of this round to get their ball control/handling stats up, enjoy watching them.

Yeah, it was a good game. It always felt that Fiji were on the edge of running away with it, as they did, but the Italians defence was pretty good in the main and Fiji were their own worst enemy with dropped ball and forward passes. The Italians scored the try of the tournament so far - bound to be replayed a few times over the weekend coverage.

Felt like I was watching rugby sevens sometimes, but another entertaining game with lots of enthusiasm, crash tackles and dubious decisions. Not sure what tonight’s game Aus v Lebanon will bring, but the Aussies might want wear Hannibal Lector masks to protect them from any biting allegations by a certain well known whinger.  

10 hours ago, Old Scaley said:

........Not sure what tonight’s game Aus v Lebanon will bring,

......but the Aussies might want wear Hannibal Lector masks to protect them from any biting allegations by a certain well known whinger.  

Robbie Farah wishing he wasn`t a Lebanese tackling bag for 17 Aussies? :P 

This is the risk when one interacts with a noted aging sour puss :lol:

1 minute ago, Old Scaley said:

Only saw the second half. Another entertaining game. I couldn’t help thinking that Aus might prefer to play the kiwis rather than the Tongans. There are some big units in that team.

Yeah, thought that myself.

Was a good game, really happy Tonga stuck it

up them.:ausflag:

Cheers

Gary

Archived