Nrl 2017

Gad

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no probs natang :) over the years I`ve held back on accepting/posting any thing that comes from any NSW league writer/source (especially anything to do with north of the border) until I check it out from a reputable independent source.

as stated by Corey Oates in his post match interview after his 1st Origin game.  quote; {"they`re dirty bastards, aren`t they"} :lol:

Fittler new NSW coach

http://www.nrl.com/fittler-confirmed-as-new-blues-coach/tabid/10874/newsid/116567/default.aspx

Fittler has already been in contact with Andrew Johns and Phil Gould about involving them in some capacity during his time as NSW coach......

beauty… Maroon`s now get to officially shatter 3 over the top NSW egos 3 times a year :). BONUS no more crossing to the sideline for Fittler Origin games  comments.:lol:

of course, Gus the goose and druggy Joey should still be able to deliver their unbiased commentary :whistle:

Friday result

Australia 54  v  0 Fiji

Fiji was always going to be up against ‘above the rest’ class and skill’, but the biggest disapponitment for the Fijian team game was that after the 'all in' argey bargey around the 15  minute mark, Hayne decided his senior player leadership role was not as important as his avoiding meaningful contact of the ball in their attacking times. Maybe being fit for start of training with Parra after New Year, was on his mind. (or maybe pay back Billy :lol:)

Congrats again Valentine Holmes.

I`m hopeing Tonga gets into the final, there may be be a few Qlders looking forward to playing against Fifita again.:devil:  

9 hours ago, Gad said:

I`m hopeing Tonga gets into the final, there may be be a few Qlders looking forward to playing against Fifita again.:devil:

Great display from the Aussies. I was very glad with the score. 

I agree an Aussie Tonga final would be fantastic to watch. Go the Reds. 

Mate Ma' Tonga (die for Tonga) A bit dramatic but i hope they win. 

4 hours ago, Drop Bear said:

....Go the Reds. 

Mate Ma' Tonga (die for Tonga) A bit dramatic but i hope they win. 

Should be a fantastic live atmosphere at the game in Auckland :). Pray and Hayne didn`t work for Fiji, so Tonga will need to play to a different drum beat.:lol:

In saying that, I don`t think the Poms forwards can dominate in the barge and bash, and yes Widdop is playing good footy at full back but his individual skills have been neutered by his move from the halves

cut & paste from cricket thread today

2 hours ago, Gad said:

Aus 8/280

bugger, decisions, decisions... Aus/Poms ch9.... Tonga v Poms 3.00pm on 7Mate. I hate channel flickers :lol:

Old Scaley said: I am staying with the cricket and recording the footy. So don’t update the scores @Gad because you know I am an AFO addict.....

Steve, between you and Kelvin the limits are being pushed this week end:frantics::P   update: just for the rest of us,  the tongan v England game is finished:lol:

Saturday result

England 20  v  18 Tonga

The Pommy forwards stood up, and the Poms defence held up for 70 minutes. And for Tonga, for 70 minutes most of the  attacking  pressure they built up errors or bad options/execution crueled it for them, along with some 50/50 ref  calls seemingly helping the Poms keep on top.

As for the 79th minute ref call of Fifita`s knock on/no try robbing the Tongans, BS!

Tonga had a great RLWC campaign, but their own 70 minutes of this game kept  them out of the final.

17 hours ago, Drop Bear said:

I find this rule confusing. Shame 

defending player had hold of Fifita with one hand/arm, 2nd arm/hand coming around to complete the tackle made contact with ball, Fifita spilt it... loose carry

EDIT: underlined(as in) he did not purposely target/play at the ball

12 hours ago, kmcrosby78 said:

Still don't know why they didn't refer it to the video ref.

Kelvin multiple choice question , you pick the answer :P

ref obviously felt he had a good view of it and honestly called what he saw:)....  had his pay packet on the Poms:whistle:... or  went on the fact that Fifita is renowned for loose carries and does not like him:lol:

3 hours ago, Drop Bear said:

That is what I saw. I was confused that anyone thought it could be a try unless it was raked out which it didn't look like it had been. I'm disappointed that Tonga are out but seems uncontroversial. 

Most people quickly cottoned on, that the NSW aligned commentators were trying hard to come up with a hint of refereeing controversy to explain a loss :lol: after all, they see any shade of red as Maroon and automatically  assume fairy tale ending :P

Mens WORLD CUP FINAL

Saturday, December 2

Australia  v  England

Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane.

7.00 pm  Qlder time  Live on 7/HD  Brisbane.

Australia names the same team that played Fiji (in the semi final), to play England in  Saturdays World Cup Final

1. Billy Slater 2. Dane Gagai 3. Will Chambers 4. Josh Dugan 5. Valentine Holmes 6. Michael Morgan 7. Cooper Cronk 8. Aaron Woods 9. Cameron Smith 10. David Klemmer 11. Boyd Cordner 12. Matt Gillett 13. Josh McGuire

interchange bench: 14. Wade Graham 15. Jordan McLean 16. Reagan Campbell-Gillard 17. Tyson Frizell

reserves: 18. Felise Kaufusi 19. Tom Trbojevic 20. Cameron Munster 21. Ben Hunt

Well that news should bring Xmas joy to French, Norman, Moses and even Brad Arthur so they feel real comfortable over the off season, wondering which one of them Hayne will be trying to crap all over when he squats again :no: 

The question to watch for now is, will his over inflated Golden Child ego gnaw at him and guide him to feel pay back is due for the Eels rejection having left no option but to head to the Titans  :lol:

Titans will now have a stress free Merry Xmas break:P

4 hours ago, Gad said:

Well that news should bring Xmas joy to French, Norman, Moses and even Brad Arthur so they feel real comfortable over the off season, wondering which one of them Hayne will be trying to crap all over when he squats again :no: 

The question to watch for now is, will his over inflated Golden Child ego gnaw at him and guide him to feel pay back is due for the Eels rejection having left no option but to head to the Titans  :lol:

Titans will now have a stress free Merry Xmas break:P

Hmmmmmm ........ can I cancel my bet that Neil Henry will be the next Parra coach ......... :whistle::frantics:

IT's just crap that Henry had to lose his job according to Titans to save the $1.2m now Hayne has left anyway costing them who knows how much $. Arthurs will be trembling knowing that Hayne has gone through something like 9 coaches in his career now. 

Knights looking good for next year now! Brown has a relatively good squad to work with now! 

Sydney`s NRL Underground Rumour Starter`s hotline is suggesting a well known registered NRL celebrity (said to be cute and cuddly with a waggly tail) is demanding an immediate release so the celebrity can move to Newcastle, for personal reasons.

Womens Final RLWC :ausflag:

Aussies 23  v  16 Kiwis

Even though the Aussies lead 12-10 at half time, after the first 9 minutes the game was mostly dominated, by the Kiwis 90+% set completion rate, along with fast and solid defensive line efforts forcing Aus into many handling errors. This frequently kept Aus away from good field position attack areas.

The second half was almost a reversal of the first half, with the Kiwis ball handling letting them down and a high missed tackle count. They did rally their attack in the last 8 minutes to make it 22-16 but dropped ball and the Aussie half back field goal killed off that effort.

Charlie found an old bottle and removed the cork, out came a Genie who said he would grant him one wish.

"I want to live forever," Charlie said.

"Sorry," said the Genie, "but I am not allowed to grant that type of wish."

"OK, fair enough" Charlie said, "I want to live to see England win the Rugby League World Cup again."
"You crafty old baastard!" said the Genie.

Cooper Cronk has called it a day, announcing his retirement from all representative football in the aftermath of Australia's World Cup triumph.

http://www.nrl.com/cronk-announces-rep-retirement/tabid/10874/newsid/116728/default.aspx

Billy Slater has conceded he has likely played his last game for the Kangaroos but has vowed to go round one more time for Queensland in next year’s State of Origin series.

http://www.nrl.com/slater-hints-at-kangaroos-retirement/tabid/10874/newsid/116731/default.aspx

These 2 announcements come as no surprise, ( obviously Cronk`s comes along with the big changes in his life`s direction) as I can only find 1 test match for Australia listed for next year, that is the Aus v Kiwi Anzac test, that is to be played AFTER the 2018 NRL season

Archived