Sign in to follow this  
Gad

Nrl 2017

Please login or register to see this quote.

with that comment I did not mean the Broncos should have won by a much larger score line.(but they did have their opportunities)

There were many times in the game when some Bronco`s allowed themselves to get dragged down into, and distracted by the Shark`s normal distracting niggling tactics instead of getting on with the game and not only winning the game but leaving mental scars on the opposition going into the finals. A number of dumb options were taken during these lapses.

Saturday results

Dragons 42  v  16 Titans

Dragons give some hope (of 1st round finals) to fans with a win over the totally demoralised Titans (and the injury stricken Cowboys downward slide).

Storm 16  v  13  Roosters

What a great game. 3 converted penalty goals and a 77 minute try won this for the Storm. Ill discipline and the Rooters go hand in hand, costly.

Panthers 24  v  16 Cowboys

Stand tall the Cowboys! :)

going into this game the Cowboys were down 3 key players (not counting their long term injuries)) and lost O`Neil and Morgan in the 1st half.

It took the Panthers until the Cowboy`s tanks started to drain from the extra work load, around the 65th minute, to start looking like they could over run the Cowboys. Even then it took them till the 76th minute to seal the game.

ROUND 24

Thursday (August 17)

Eels v Titans, ANZ Stadium (NINE), 7:50pm

Friday (August 18)

Rabbitohs v Warriors, ANZ Stadium (FOX), 6pm

Broncos v Dragons, Suncorp Stadium (NINE), 7:50pm

Saturday (August 19)

Knights v Storm, McDonald Jones Stadium (FOX), 3pm

Roosters v Tigers, Allianz Stadium (FOX), 5:30pm

Cowboys v Sharks, 1300Smiles Stadium (FOX), 7:30pm

Sunday (August 20)

Raiders v Panthers, GIO Stadium (FOX), 2pm

Bulldogs v Sea Eagles, ANZ Stadium (NINE), 4pm

Thursday result

Eels 30 v 8 Titans

This was a hard game to hold any interest in (thank goodness for this months BnB magazine :)) plenty of penalties both ways in the 1st half. The Titans did cross the Eels line 4 extra times for no try but, going in with no constructive thought, standing upright and being held by 3-4 defenders does not even get a mickey mouse badge, let alone a chest to pin it on. :no: Considering the heart the Titans played with last season with just as many injuries, there should be 2 dead men walking from their outfit.

Poorer placed and injury hit teams seem to make the Eels look very good, I can`t wait for the Broncos v Eels round 25 game , (now that the Broncos are firing) to see where the Eels actually are, coming into the finals.

There was certainly a mismatch for the Titans in relation to availability of talent and the momentum of both team's seasons. Yet another game ruined by whistle happy refs who I think have had their worst season. Already up against it before kick off, the Titans had 2 tries scored against them from blatantly wrong decisions. I am not saying that they would have beaten the Eels but that sure didn't help. 

I am not a big Hayne fan, but I don't think he deserves the feeding frenzy that he has had to face over the last couple of weeks. He hasn't been brilliant but he hasn't been that bad either. I feel sorry for Ryan James and Ash Taylor.  They have both played their hearts out all season for little reward on the points table. 

Eels were not great last night either and will never play as well as their last game against the Broncos but they do always lift against the Broncos so it could be another danger game in round 25.

Please login or register to see this quote.

Hayne had most peoples admiration for his evolving talents and skills on the field, but after about 2010/11 the “I” factor in his personality (on and off the field) started to come over as FIGJAM, from there he turned into ‘an admire him or dislike him type of sportsman’.

For me he bottomed out fully, when after not being selected for the selection squad trials for  the Fijian rugby 7`s Rio Olympics squad, he then decided that the Eels were the runners up and needed to provide him a sizeable income. At the media conference (while flanked by the CEO and coach) for his signing with the Titans, the lowlight was his carry on about the Eels not offering him a contract, while what appeared to be grudgingly admitting he had signed with the Titans.

Friday results

Rabbitohs 36  v  18 Warriors

in the 1st half both teams wanted the 2 points, the Warriors half time talk must have been about fine tuning Mad Monday plans.

Broncos 24  v  12 Dragons

Once again it wasn`t a polished performance by the Broncos. The Dragons tried but with out a successful 5th tackle kick they still have no idea how to get over the oppositions line for points.