Gad

Nrl 2017

Things are a happening around the clubs.

one of Manly`s, new CEO`s jobs is apparently to tidy up (clean out) their football department, which could mean Bozo and family, which in turn could have Trent Barrett`s knees knocking, which in turn may have Dessie Hasler smiling and the Doggies masters are struggling to decide if to now announce they and Des have apparently sorted out their performance based snags for a new contract, kissed and made up or wait and hope the Doggies get on a winning roll before making the big announcement.

Then again Des may now wait to see how things turn out at Manly  :lol:

ah yea Andrew Webster, Sydney sports journo, now we will see a change. Someone in charge who knows exactly in which areas all coaches are doing it wrong, which slacking players are spending too much effort in the grooming department and not enough time in the training department. Someone who clearly knows where all before have gone wrong!... 

oops sorry, wrong Andrew Webster

may be Kelvin`s plan is the way to go, e`cat could have a contractual carton of choccies delivered match day to the coaches’ box, that way he will out perform Taylor, by always having that winning feeling. :lol:

Please login or register to see this quote.

That's a bit harsh there mate at this stage of the season.

We were absolutely robbed. That last Roosters try should have been called back for a forward pass - in the play that scored the try. Even Tony Archer has publicly said that: Please login or register to see this link.

I couldn't stand Taylor when he coached us at Souths, and his figures showed. My wife's family's team is Wests and it has been like deja vu watching Taylor coach all over again. The truth is some ex-players just don't make good coaches, simple. I don't know why he keeps getting a cap.

Terry didn`t mean to ruffle any feathers, didn`t opine to be a bit  harsh.

I did watch the game on TV and enjoyed the tussle. I saw the Mitchell pass that gained the high fibre content after leaving his hands.

I feel for the touchee (now hung out to dry by Archer) he didn`t have the advantage of Archers` slow mo replays, nor the many angles, nor the height of spider cam for a good overhead, in the split second required …. Still a missed call is a missed call!

If the score had been Panthers 14 – Roosters 12  I would have said, “I can`t see any Panthers getting fitted for a GF ring this year”

In saying that, even with the Roosters now 3/0, I can`t see any Roosters being fitted for a GF ring this year either.

I must say @Gad I was going to say that you may be going off a bit early with your Panthers call ....... :) I didn't watch the game but the Roosters have been playing well, it sounded like the wet conditions would suit the Roosters better and I heard a stat about the season starts of the last 3 premiers and it was something like 0/3, 0/3 and 1/3 (or similar - none of them had started well anyway). Time will tell - as always injuries play a big part in it. I'd want good betting odds to be betting on the premiers prior to August.

Taylor was a good player, but he must not of learnt anything from his coaches, as he has to have the players wanting to play for him and the team overall. You can teach football all you like, but can you get the players on side, can you gee them up to play their best.

Dino

yes, I checked the forecast for the game and wet day was mentioned and that`s how I picked the Roosters to win :lol:

Terry, I do not doubt the Panthers will give it a good crack, as long as Griffin doesn`t restructure their offense too much :)

Bunnies 6  v  Roosters 20

The Roosters fought hard to keep the 14 point half time margin

I enjoy Sam Burgess putting on big hits, many times they are either penalty givers to the opposition or the clown does damage to himself, and the brothers say he`s the intelligent one of the three :lol:

As a Souths fan, I pretty much despise Eastern suburbs, and always look forward to the 109 year old rivalry. However last night played out as I expected. Souths are still ironing out position changes, while Easts are back to the supreme form they were a couple of years ago. I don't think Souths played that bad, the chooks were just clearly the better team.

Sam Burgess is a front rower, not paid for his intelligence, but his inspiration and spirit. Yes, he gives away stupid penalties quite often, but oh well. Personally last night, I think the Bondi boys did a lot of the better hits, especially when it was needed.

yes I fully understand that. My aim is that He is the one that often comes out damaged, concussions, split foreheads, above eyebrows, over his cheek bone etc, many years ago there was constant accusations that tackling Nate Myles lead with his head, I`m kind of convinced someone does frequently and purposely use his head in tackles. But I`m sure some will say it`s only a poor tackling style.:)

agree

Friday night footy

Panthers  v  Knights

the one thing in the Knights favour, wet/heavy track

Broncos  v  Raiders

hopefully the Raiders have multiple infected scratches from the Tiggers last week. :lol: I`m relying on the 5 day turn around curse for my tipping in this game :)