Nrl 2017

Gad

end of round 5

Warriors 28  v  Titans 22

Warriors won in the last 5 mins and Titans lost another 3 players to injury, the Titans will soon be fielding an U20 side in A grade if their injury run continues

Dragons 28  v  Tigers 6

Once again the Tigers get 6 points from sheer luck. Is it viable for the new Tigers Admin to kissed good bye to 3 of the Big Four and start fresh on a 3 year rebuilding plan with the new incoming coach .

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the broncs got a reef up the ass, pity it didnt get through to some of the new forwards. I seen one do a run, play the ball and then just stand there as if to say well thats my bit for the night, they have to stay focussed for the whole game not 2 minutes at a time.

Dino

8 hours ago, Gad said:

round 6 started with

Broncos  32 v 6   Roosters

the chooks would be thankful the Broncos razzle dazzle broke down a few times. Gillett had a huge game for the Broncos.

It was a great game. I was watching and thinking that rugby league truly is the greatest game of all! And you are right about Gillett @Gad, if everyone worked as hard as he and McCullough the broncos would be unbeatable. I am still struggling with the standard of the refereeing this season. I hope they find some form soon or more than one team will lose a game because of bad decisions.

Dogs 22  v  Knights 12

The Dogs did enough to beat the Knights and the Knights did enough to beat themselves once again.

Bunnies 21  v 20   Panthers

with the Panthers down 3 players through club suspension and also 2 regulars out through injury, the Bunnies need to celebrate hard tonight, they almost got run over by what seemed like half an under U20  team in an inexperienced back line

Manly 10  v  Dragons 35

Manly came up against a team that was not riddled with injury or out of form, score says it all. I`m still not sure if the Dragons are genuine top four contenders or not?

Titans 16  v  Raiders 42

with mass injuries decimating them the Titans still make the opposition teams fight for their wins, no individual player can be accused of not leaving it all on the field

Cowboys 16  v  Tigers 26

of all the injured Cowboys Jake Granville will be the one missed over the next 5-6 weeks.

After tonights effort, the Tigers board should be asking some professional players where the bludgers have been for the last four rounds, may be Cleary telling them he would like them to re-sign if they want to get on board with him, otherwise he will move on and look for those who will, gave a couple a reality check :lol: 

Watching an interview Tedesco gave during the week, I got the feeling he is seriously considering other offers that may get him to a grand final opportunity

end of round 6

Warriors 22  v  Eels 10

Someone had to win this one, Eels had 2 trys disallowed so it was the Warriors in 80 mins

Storm 2  v  Sharks 11

rained all game, score locked at 2-2 at 70 min mark. Ennis is not being missed by the Sharks, Malone has stepped up to be the team`s No.1 grub.

On 07/04/2017 at 9:59 PM, Gad said:

Bunnies 21  v 20   Panthers

with the Panthers down 3 players through club suspension and also 2 regulars out through injury, the Bunnies need to celebrate hard tonight, they almost got run over by what seemed like half an under U20  team in an inexperienced back line

Couldn't agree more. As a Souths fan, we were desperate for a win and thought we had to capitalise on the lack of key players. While I was happy with the outcome, I thought Souths played well and the Panthers played pretty average, of which we were lucky to get away with the win. Obviously we still need some work to do.

has it trickled down to the kennel yet that your nut bags didn`t want to hold the premiership first after all and signed Des without the performance clauses they wanted.

Friday results

Dogs 24  v  Bunnies 9

Roosters 24  v  Knights 6

Broncos 24  v  Titans 22

6 hours ago, Gad said:

has it trickled down to the kennel yet that your nut bags didn`t want to hold the premiership first after all and signed Des without the performance clauses they wanted.

Yeah, no one was too happy to re-sign him in the first place. That's what happens when your ceo has no balls (literally and figuratively) and when the only person who cares about the club's culture walks away from the board. Des runs the show. Most people lost faith in Castle's ability when she let Hoppa have Sundays off. 

ahhh yea, former great and doggy culture not the same since the last Coff`s Harbour bonding session, times have changed, even Wayne Bennett reckons a change is better than a holiday :whistle:

any way on to less serious things

Saturday results

Storm 30  v  Manly 26

with the Storm`s legs filling with lead in the second half, I`m tempted to go the Penny`s tomorrow

Raiders 20  v  Warriors 8

The Raiders went raiding and the Warriors were once!

Dragons 28  v  Cowboys 22

Puffs only got there, just as well the Cowboys gave them the first 40 minutes start.

Round Eight       kicks off tonight

ANZAC weekend

Friday, Apr 21

Raiders vs. Sea Eagles  6.00pm  Fox

Rabbitohs vs. Broncos   7.50  Nine

Saturday, Apr 22

Eels vs. Panthers   3.00pm   Fox

Cowboys vs. Knights   5.30pm   Fox

Sharks vs. Titans    7.30pm   Fox

Sunday, Apr 23

Tigers vs. Bulldogs  4.00pm   Nine

Tuesday, Apr 25

Roosters vs. Dragons  4.00pm   Nine

Storm vs. Warriors  7.00pm   Fox

I was never a fan of Jason Taylor as a coach probably because I saw him as having no man management skills what-so-ever, but looking at the exodus that has now occurred at the Tigers, I`m thinking he was made a scapegoat for the lack of manhood of some players. Hopefully now, the group of players remaining take pride in their club and jerseys and  start putting in 80 minute games, if only for Cleary. 

Friday results

Raiders 18  vs   Sea Eagles 20

just when one thinks the Raiders are starting to look ominous……

Rabbitohs 24  vs   Broncos 25

Bunnies had 2 good opportunities in the last 10 minutes to seal the match, but the Broncos held their nerve.

Saturday results

Eels 18  v  Panthers 12

what can one say... the Panthers finally crossed the line twice....

Cowboys 24  v  Knights 12

I don`t think Kalyn Ponga is going to turn the Knights into finalists next year

Titans 16  v  Sharks 12

Good to see the Titans get some troops back and get a win.

Sunday game

Tigers v Dogs 4.00pm Nine

end of round 8

Roosters 13  v  Dragons 12

extra time GP win. Widdop being off in the 2nd half being the deciding factor

Storm 20  v  Warriors 14

not a surprising result in this game.

All up for many, was not a good week for tipping.

Round Nine kicks off

Thursday, Apr 27  

Broncos vs. Panthers  7:50pm   Nine

Friday, Apr 28

Rabbitohs vs. Sea Eagles  6.00pm  Fox

Cowboys vs. Eels     7.50pm  Nine

Saturday, Apr 29

Titans vs. Knights   3.00pm  Fox

Bulldogs vs. Raiders   5.30pm  Fox

Tigers vs. Sharks   7.30pm  Fox

Sunday, Apr 30

Warriors vs. Roosters   2.00pm  Fox

Dragons vs. Storm   4.00pm  Nine

Thurs night result

Broncos 32 v Panthers 18

Panthers had a crack in the last 14 minutes when the Broncos defence dosed off for 10 minutes.

Panthers early disallowed try equalled out with dropped ball over the line allowed try later in the game.

refereeing at times was iffy at best both ways so at least it was consistent :)

Friday results

Manly 46  v  Bunnies 8

This result says more about the losers than about the winners

Cowboys 6  v  Eels 26

The Cowboys had injuries sure, but they also had no leadership, no direction and no hope. The Eels deserved their win but that was all.

Saturday games

Titans vs. Knights   3.00pm  Fox

Bulldogs vs. Raiders   5.30pm  Fox

Tigers vs. Sharks   7.30pm  Fox

Archived