Sunday (July 30)

Storm v Sea Eagles, AAMI Park (FOX), 2pm

Titans v Tigers, CBus Super Stadium (NINE), 4:00pm

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Friday results

Warriors 12  v  26  Sharks

Full Time score made it look an easy Shark`s win.....  surely the Warrior`s club must add in a financial sufferance bonus clause to their coaches contracts, to keep getting coaches

Eels 28  v  14 Broncos

Surprise result for most. Good game to watch. Broncos 12-0 after 10 minutes. Eels put in a 75 minute effort game and not only ground out a win but put in 2 late trys to add to the win. The Broncos did not play a poor game, when the Eels did click in their defence stiffened and played a big part in their win.

Andrew McCullough went down in the 2nd half with a medial ligament injury, at the moment outlook 4-5 weeks out, big loss for the Broncos hope of top four finish.

Saturday results

Knights 21  v  14 Dragons

another one of those `who would`ve thunk` games…

Knight`s wrapped it up from 14-14 with 8 minutes to go… did the Dragon`s go into this game with the mentality they only had to turn up to win?

Rabbitohs 18  v  32 Raiders

Hard game to sum up, were the Raider`s that good or were the Bunnies that bad?

Roosters 22  v  16 Cowboys    

This was an intriquing game, at the end of the game all the stats, possession, sets, penalties etc were virtually equal, apart from 2.  Metres gained and missed tackles. Metres gained Roosters 1798 and the Cowboys 1469. Missed tackles Roosters 21 and Cowboys 35......

I guess those 2 stats say it all.:P

The Rooster`s win puts them in 2nd place on the ladder, and on Saturday night, on 32 points with the Storm. If the Storm has an off day against Manly on Sunday, (or if Manly play above themselves :lol:) at the end of round 21 the ladder could be: Storm/Roosters 32 pts- Sharks 30- Broncos, Cowboys, Eels, Manly all on 28pts.

The race to the minor premiership is alive and the race to be in the top four in 5 rounds time may hinge on who has the easier run home and injuries. Pre Origin I did not imagine the ladder would look like it does now.

end of round 21. Sunday results

Storm 40  v  6 Manly

re: above ladder comments, well…. the Sea Eagles didn`t play above themselves  :P…. and Melbourne retains their clear 2 point ladder lead.

Titans 4  v 26 Tigers

Tigers played out a good win. Most things the Titans tried turned out as if they were playing for the 1st Mad Monday of 2017.:no:

update Andrew McCullough: out for rest of the season. Reports are medial ligament torn off bone with added ACL damage, surgery booked for Friday. Estimates of up to 8-9 months full recovery.

Terrible news regarding McCullough, for both him and the Broncos - poor bu99er. Bet he wishes Blair stuck to the rules ....  Of all rounds to choose to play my solitary 'joker round' which doubles your score, I had to choose the one when both the Knights and Tigers got up for wins .......... grrrrrr!!!!!!!!!  I am gooooooooooonnnnneeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On ‎30‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 8:06 PM, kmcrosby78 said:

....  Of all rounds to choose to play my solitary 'joker round' which doubles your score, I had to choose the one when both the Knights and Tigers got up for wins .......... grrrrrr!!!!!!!!!  I am gooooooooooonnnnneeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kinda in the same thought space, I went looking for an outsider for this round..... unfortunately I opted for the Bunnies DOH :no:....  :lol:

ROUND 22

Thursday (August 3)

Bulldogs v Eels, ANZ Stadium (NINE), 7:50pm

Friday (August 4)

Dragons v Rabbitohs, Sydney Cricket Ground (FOX), 6:00pm

Cowboys v Storm, 1300Smiles Stadium (NINE), 7:50pm

Saturday (August 5)

Knights v Warriors, McDonald Jones Stadium (FOX), 3pm

Titans v Broncos, CBus Super Stadium (FOX), 5:30pm

Sharks v Raiders, Southern Cross Group Stadium (Nine &FOX), 7:30pm

Sunday (August 6)

Sea Eagles v Roosters, Lottoland (FOX), 2pm

Panthers v Tigers, Pepper Stadium (NINE), 4pm

Thursday results

Dogs 4  v  20 Eels

What`s classed as a little bit of excitement while watching a Doggies match…. the ad breaks :no:  

The Dogs have scored 264 points for the season so far…. the Knights at the bottom of the ladder have scored 315 points.

Yep, the Dogs certainly aren't 'the entertainers' of yesteryear right now. After 37 minutes last night in the first half, they'd only been into the opposition's 20m zone once with the ball ....... Imagine if you were down that end and a Dogs fan - would be tempting to go home ......

Friday results

Dragons 24  v  26 Bunnies

The Bunny warren think it`s a late Easter and puff the ordinary Dragon is wondering what happened to his magic (again)

Cowboys 8  v  26 Storm

With their bench reduced down to 1 early in the 2nd half, the Cowboys fought hard to stay in the match for 70 minutes, until the score line blew out.

Saturday results

Knights 26  v  10 Warriors

1st time since August 2015 the Knights have won back to back games, and the Warriors just keep on Warrioring.

Titans 0  v  54 Broncos

Not taking anything away from that Broncos win, a significantly injury plagued season, along with last rounds loss just came crashing down on the Titans.

Sharks 12  v  30 Raiders

Just as well the Sharks bolted to an early 12-0 lead, their next 70 minutes was a master class in self implosion.

Warriors seem lost without johnson, knights might put up an effort next year with addition of new players

Broncs are riding high then have to face sharks after comming off a loss, that will test their ticker

Ref was leaning towards the sharks to start with, but the raiders managed to overcome.

end of round 22 Sunday results

Manly 36  v  18 Roosters

no rhyme or rhythm to Manly`s performances, wrong time for Roosters to be hit with multiple injuries

Panthers 28  v  14 Tigers

Tigers were right into this match for 73 minutes and it was actually the Panthers forwards, towards the end, who were dropping off the pace.

ROUND 23

Thursday (August 10)

Rabbitohs v Bulldogs, ANZ Stadium (NINE), 7:50pm

Friday (August 11)

Eels v Knights, ANZ Stadium (FOX), 6pm

Broncos v Sharks, Suncorp Stadium (NINE), 7:50pm

Saturday (August 12)

Dragons v Titans, UOW Jubilee Oval (FOX), 3pm

Storm v Roosters, AAMI Park (FOX), 5:30pm

Panthers v Cowboys, Pepper Stadium ( NINE & FOX), 7:30pm

Sunday (August 13)

Warriors v Raiders, Mt Smart Stadium (FOX), 2pm

Tigers v Sea Eagles, Leichhardt Oval (NINE), 4pm

15 hours ago, Gad said:

Broncos 32  v  10 Sharks

and the Broncos didn`t play at their best.

with that comment I did not mean the Broncos should have won by a much larger score line.(but they did have their opportunities)

There were many times in the game when some Bronco`s allowed themselves to get dragged down into, and distracted by the Shark`s normal distracting niggling tactics instead of getting on with the game and not only winning the game but leaving mental scars on the opposition going into the finals. A number of dumb options were taken during these lapses.

Saturday results

Dragons 42  v  16 Titans

Dragons give some hope (of 1st round finals) to fans with a win over the totally demoralised Titans (and the injury stricken Cowboys downward slide).

Storm 16  v  13  Roosters

What a great game. 3 converted penalty goals and a 77 minute try won this for the Storm. Ill discipline and the Rooters go hand in hand, costly.

Panthers 24  v  16 Cowboys

Stand tall the Cowboys! :)

going into this game the Cowboys were down 3 key players (not counting their long term injuries)) and lost O`Neil and Morgan in the 1st half.

It took the Panthers until the Cowboy`s tanks started to drain from the extra work load, around the 65th minute, to start looking like they could over run the Cowboys. Even then it took them till the 76th minute to seal the game.

end round 23 Sunday

Warriors 16  v  36 Raiders

The only real excitement in this game was the Warrior`s late converted try to keep the points difference to 20.

Tigers v Sea Eagles

with a 79th minute snarl and claw, the Tigers left ruffled and tattered feathers on Liechhardt Oval :)

PS. Hot off the press for e`cat.... Tigger the Tiger`s mascot must be going to retire? :whistle:   Benji has resigned with the Tigers for 2018 :P

ROUND 24

Thursday (August 17)

Eels v Titans, ANZ Stadium (NINE), 7:50pm

Friday (August 18)

Rabbitohs v Warriors, ANZ Stadium (FOX), 6pm

Broncos v Dragons, Suncorp Stadium (NINE), 7:50pm

Saturday (August 19)

Knights v Storm, McDonald Jones Stadium (FOX), 3pm

Roosters v Tigers, Allianz Stadium (FOX), 5:30pm

Cowboys v Sharks, 1300Smiles Stadium (FOX), 7:30pm

Sunday (August 20)

Raiders v Panthers, GIO Stadium (FOX), 2pm

Bulldogs v Sea Eagles, ANZ Stadium (NINE), 4pm

Thursday result

Eels 30 v 8 Titans

This was a hard game to hold any interest in (thank goodness for this months BnB magazine :)) plenty of penalties both ways in the 1st half. The Titans did cross the Eels line 4 extra times for no try but, going in with no constructive thought, standing upright and being held by 3-4 defenders does not even get a mickey mouse badge, let alone a chest to pin it on. :no: Considering the heart the Titans played with last season with just as many injuries, there should be 2 dead men walking from their outfit.

Poorer placed and injury hit teams seem to make the Eels look very good, I can`t wait for the Broncos v Eels round 25 game , (now that the Broncos are firing) to see where the Eels actually are, coming into the finals.

There was certainly a mismatch for the Titans in relation to availability of talent and the momentum of both team's seasons. Yet another game ruined by whistle happy refs who I think have had their worst season. Already up against it before kick off, the Titans had 2 tries scored against them from blatantly wrong decisions. I am not saying that they would have beaten the Eels but that sure didn't help. 

I am not a big Hayne fan, but I don't think he deserves the feeding frenzy that he has had to face over the last couple of weeks. He hasn't been brilliant but he hasn't been that bad either. I feel sorry for Ryan James and Ash Taylor.  They have both played their hearts out all season for little reward on the points table. 

Eels were not great last night either and will never play as well as their last game against the Broncos but they do always lift against the Broncos so it could be another danger game in round 25.

15 hours ago, Old Scaley said:

I am not a big Hayne fan, but I don't think he deserves the feeding frenzy that he has had to face over the last couple of weeks. He hasn't been brilliant but he hasn't been that bad either.

Hayne had most peoples admiration for his evolving talents and skills on the field, but after about 2010/11 the “I” factor in his personality (on and off the field) started to come over as FIGJAM, from there he turned into ‘an admire him or dislike him type of sportsman’.

For me he bottomed out fully, when after not being selected for the selection squad trials for  the Fijian rugby 7`s Rio Olympics squad, he then decided that the Eels were the runners up and needed to provide him a sizeable income. At the media conference (while flanked by the CEO and coach) for his signing with the Titans, the lowlight was his carry on about the Eels not offering him a contract, while what appeared to be grudgingly admitting he had signed with the Titans.

Friday results

Rabbitohs 36  v  18 Warriors

in the 1st half both teams wanted the 2 points, the Warriors half time talk must have been about fine tuning Mad Monday plans.

Broncos 24  v  12 Dragons

Once again it wasn`t a polished performance by the Broncos. The Dragons tried but with out a successful 5th tackle kick they still have no idea how to get over the oppositions line for points.

11 hours ago, Gad said:

Broncos 24  v  12 Dragons

Once again it wasn`t a polished performance by the Broncos. The Dragons tried but with out a successful 5th tackle kick they still have no idea how to get over the oppositions line for points.

they will win this year. I feel it in me waters...

:) Crosses fingers

Staturday results

Storm 44  v  12 Knights

score line sums up the Storms run in 2017. The Knights core, with new troops arriving for next season, will benefit from this seasons game time and experiences

Roosters 22  v  18 Tigers

Roosters just came away with the win. The Tigers didn`t make it an easy win for them and had chances themselves for the 2 points.

Cowboys 16   v  26 Sharks

Cowboys were again gallant in their loss, 2 more early injuries to their already injury racked squad certainly did not help their 80 minute effort. Down 24 – 6 at half time the Cowboys kept the Sharks to 2 ponits in the 2nd half  

end of round 24 Sunday results

Raiders 22  v  26 Panthers

Raiders had their opportunities, now they can finalise plans for Mad Monday

Bulldogs 30  v  16 Sea Eagles

in answer to the old question “who let the Dogs out”…. MANLY! :lol:

well, the way a few of the Doggies serial underperformers played today, the growing murmurs that the Dogs have them on the post season bargain buy, sell out lists may not be coincidental… after all there is a difference between appearance money and contractual expectations.

Archived