Nrl 2017

Gad

winter`s almost gone and only 2 more fixture rounds to go.... guess that means summer fishing is almost here.

ROUND 25

Thursday (August 24)

Broncos v Eels, Suncorp Stadium (NINE) 7:50pm

Friday (August 25)

Raiders v Knights, GIO Stadium (FOX), 6pm

Tigers v Cowboys, Campbelltown Stadium (NINE), 7:50pm

Saturday (August 26)

Titans v Bulldogs, CBus Super Stadium (FOX) 3pm

Storm v Rabbitohs, AAMI Park (FOX), 5:30pm

Sharks v Roosters, Southern Cross Group Stadium (Nine & FOX), 7:30pm

Sunday (August 27)

Warriors v Sea Eagles, Mt Smart Stadium (FOX), 2pm

Panthers v Dragons, Pepper Stadium (NINE), 4pm

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/23/2017 at 1:15 PM, Gad said:

Thursday (August 24)

Broncos v Eels, Suncorp Stadium (NINE) 7:50pm

Looking forward to tonight's game. Should be a cracker if the Eels turn up to play. 2nd place plays 5th. Broncos at home. Some storms predicted so perhaps not such a big home ground advantage. 

6 hours ago, Drop Bear said:

Should be a cracker if the Eels turn up to play. 

Hmmmmmm, well the Eels turned up. The Broncos on the other hand - disgraceful!!  Twice players opted out of physically challenging the player diving across the tryline to score. The amount of passes to players ankles was unbelievable, and then to just stand there and not clean up the mess is unforgivable. Just what we needed with one round left before the finals start!! 

How did it finish? For the first time ever I left with ten minutes to go (to catch a train home).

Thursday results

Broncos 34  v  52 Eels

Well fancy that… were the Broncos sh!t or are the Eels a real deal in the finals chase?

for me, that was an interesting game. A couple of weeks ago I thought if the Eels stayed in the top 8 they would not get past the first round of the finals, and the question was just how far in could the Broncos go. Now…???

A couple of more results like this game, this weekend, will have the ladder looking interesting going into round 26 and may open up the first 2 rounds of the finals.

Started badly for the Broncos and went downhill from there. . More mistakes from marquee players like Boyd and Blair than we have seen for the rest of the season combined.  The Eels ran hard as only the Eels can do and it looked like the Broncos were rattled. Tigers fans will be happy to see how well Moses is playing now, won't they @ellicat?

8 hours ago, kmcrosby78 said:

Just what we needed with one round left before the finals start!! 

How did it finish? For the first time ever I left with ten minutes to go (to catch a train home).

Yep. Hopefully they will get this as a wake up call. They were cruising to the finals. 

6 hours ago, Gad said:

A couple of more results like this game, this weekend, will have the ladder looking interesting going into round 26 and may open up the first 2 rounds of the finals.

You and your silver linings :)

Go the Broncos. Im interested to see how the storm v toes go on Sunday. 

2 hours ago, Drop Bear said:

Yep. Hopefully they will get this as a wake up call. They were cruising to the finals. 

Broncos were absolutely woeful! Hopefully they have a good run from now.. Boyd had a shocker and showed why Billy got the origin jersey....

11 hours ago, Gad said:

Thursday results

Broncos 34  v  52 Eels

Well fancy that… were the Broncos sh!t or are the Eels a real deal in the finals chase?

for me, that was an interesting game. A couple of weeks ago I thought if the Eels stayed in the top 8 they would not get past the first round of the finals, and the question was just how far in could the Broncos go. Now…???

Despite the score, both these teams were woeful last night. More points than minutes in the game, obviously no one wanted to defend.

As far as top eight sides go, with most playing some pretty average games over the last few weeks, Melbourne has very little competition. I think a Melbourne v. Sydney final is pretty much a sure thing.

1 hour ago, Tybo said:

...... As far as top eight sides go, with most playing some pretty average games over the last few weeks, Melbourne has very little competition. I think a Melbourne v. Sydney final is pretty much a sure thing.

at the moment, the only sure thing I would call would be Storm, more will be known about the Rooters after this round.  !`ve tipped them for this one :)

2 hours ago, Gad said:

at the moment, the only sure thing I would call would be Storm, more will be known about the Rooters after this round.  !`ve tipped them for this one :)

Storm are flawless. Cam Smith wants Origin, the Premiership and the World Cup, all in the year he becomes the most capped player. If anyone can get all of them, it's the accountant.

The chooks have been good this, but have slipped up a few times, only time will tell.

Friday results

Raiders 46  v  28 Knights

I`m still not convinced of the Raiders package, it would have been an interesting game if the Knights had young half Lamb available for this game.

Tigers 14  v  22 Cowboys

The  injury hit, bruised and limping Cowboys got up from the floor in the last 15 minutes of this game, the Tigers inexperience and a prior grinding 60 minutes didn`t leave anything to lift with the Cowboys surge.

The best result from this game…. at this moment, there is still 2 Qld teams looking at finals footy.

Saturday results

Titans 14  v  26 Bulldogs

Doggies are finally on a roll :)

Storm 64  v  6 Rabbitohs

Bunnies must have been having cheese platters for dinner… squeak, squeak…

Sharks 14  v  16 Roosters

The Roosters tried hard in the last 15 minutes to lose this game, in the last 2 minutes locked 14 all Gallen played normal grub dumb, gave penalty away in front of posts and Roosters kicked penalty and won by the 2 points.

going by both teams efforts tonight I can not see where a real threat to the Storm`s GF is going to come from.

Then again, maybe Kelvin and Drop Bear will cheer the Broncos home.:P

end of round, Sunday results

Warriors 21  v  22 Sea Eagles

got tied up with family matters and forgot about this game. Manly won by Golden Point

Panthers 14  v  16 Dragons

75 minutes of toing and froing by both sides, came down to the final 5 minutes of tactics by the Dragons with their 5th tackle options forcing line-drop outs on the Panther`s to ensure the Panthers had no attacking options for a come from behind victory

With the Dragons and Manly wins, the Raider`s finals hopes/daydreams have finally been extinguished.

Here we are at NRL round 26, the final round of weekend fixture games for season  2017. Looking back prior to SOO game 1; some teams over performed, some underperformed, some were starting to be hit with crucial injuries and now at round 26 a couple of teams are still in the maybe/hope to be positioning for top 8 positioning, depending on results this week end.

Three normalities continued on in 2017: NSW still suck:lol: , the Warriors are still the Warriors :frantics: and good consistent refereeing across the competition is still a myth :no:.

anyway here we go.......

ROUND 26

Thursday (August 31)

Cowboys v Broncos, 1300Smiles Stadium (NINE), 7:50pm

Friday (September 1)

Eels v Rabbitohs, ANZ Stadium (NINE), 7:50pm

Saturday (September 2)

Roosters v Titans, Allianz Stadium (FOX), 3pm

Sea Eagles v Panthers, Lottoland (FOX), 5:30pm

Storm v Raiders, AAMI Park (FOX), 7:30pm

Sunday (September 3)

Knights v Sharks, McDonald Jones Stadium (FOX), 2pm

Dragons v Bulldogs, ANZ Stadium (NINE), 4pm

Tigers v Warriors, Leichhardt Oval (FOX), 6:30pm

6 hours ago, ellicat said:

You forgot to mention the Tigers have once again (assuming Knights lose) avoided the wooden spoon....

didn`t forget :angel:, I opted to leave it open to see if you wanted at least one Tiger`s meow moment of season 2017 :P  :lol:

Thursday results

Cowboys 10  v  20 Broncos

Cowboys fought hard but the much improved defence of the Broncos only failed twice, 2nd time at the 79 minute mark to give the scoreline a look that the game was closer than it was.

Bronco`s now have hamstring injury worries for Darius Boyd and Tavita Pangai jnr heading into the 1st week of the finals

Friday results

Eels 22  v  16 Rabbitohs

The only things one could take out of this game are: the Eels are the 1st NRL team to the reach the 2017 finals and the Bunnies are the 1st NRL  team into 2017  Mad Monday mode

Watching the game tonight, the Storms only concern will be to get through tomorrow nights game injury free, the 1st week of the finals for them, will be a warm up game for week 3 

Saturday results

Roosters 20  v  16 Titans

Lucky chookies… with 11 players unavailable through injury, the Titans made their opposition earn their win, and once again injuries (during the game) and Hayne shot down the Titans in the back end of the game.

Sea Eagles 28  v  12 Panthers

As a non Manly fan, I,m cheesed that the Panthers appeared to run Manly into some finals form, not that I expect either team to venture too far.

Storm 32  v  6 Raiders

The Storm strolled in the 2nd half and the only time the Raiders had a hope was the 10 minutes of half time.

I`ve tipped the Dogs to beat the Dragons tomorrow, only in the hope that there will be 2 Qld teams finish in the final 8. :)

Sunday results

Knights 18  v  26 Sharks

missed this game because of family gathering (dad`s day should be in February or November, not in footy season :lol: )

Dragons 20  v  26 Bulldogs

YEAH, 2 Qld teams in the finals….

Tigers 28  v  16 Warriors

With  new troops arriving next year the Tigers and Knights fans can look towards 2018 with elevated hopes…. the Warriors fans, well if they sit further up the grandstand in 2018, they could also feel elevated. :no:

44 minutes ago, Drop Bear said:

Great to see 2 qld teams in the final 8. Even if by default. :)

The way the Saints played yesterday was same as they have played for 70% of the season - total rubbish. It was one of the worst games of the season and a viewer would not have known that a team was playing for their spot in the eight until the game was over and they dissolved into tears (presumably because they were embarrassed at how badly they played). There is no way they deserved to get there ahead of the Cowboys who have given their all for most of the season despite some terrible setbacks.  Seems unlikely the Cowboys will go too deep into the finals but they earned their shot.  

PS. Definitely not having a swing at you @DropBear, just having a rant. Although I am a bit jealous of your 1770 trip.

On 31 August 2017 at 5:50 PM, ellicat said:

You forgot to mention the Tigers have once again (assuming Knights lose) avoided the wooden spoon despite some tremendous efforts from the boys.

See how the boys go next year with Benji back and a few other good signings. 

I feel Melbourne are going to be too hard to stop this year they are so clinical in everything they do......

disagree with the three....  (wouldn`t it have been good if they had based on the Gold Coast) sadly a stand alone franchise that has always picked up young developing Qld players to help mould the Sydney clubs rejected overflows, after all Bellamy knows: you can rely on a qlder :ausflag:… best thing about them, their not a NSW club….  even Canberra can not claim that after all,  their only a suburb and a half away from Sydney :whistle:

apart from that; there are only 2 real Qld clubs, the Gold Coast clubs have always been run by NSW club think tank style administrations, presiding over NSW lower level overflows and rejects with a couple of token Qlders thrown in so the ex afl eskimoes living on the coast have someone to cheer for. (after all is there such a thing as a Suns fan on the coast :P)

Archived