Madmic's Fish Of The Month Comp - March

Madmic

Hi everyone,

Summer is officially over and it won't be long till the big pelagic fish are gone from the bay again.

So why not have one last crack at them.

FOTM Entries - March 2017

The Fish Of The Month for March is: Tuna (any species)

How to submit Entries:- Entries must be received by 8pm on the last day of each month. Entries must be in the format shown below (a good idea would be to copy and paste and then fill out for your catch).

Angler:

Species:

Where Caught: (location eg Bretts Wharf or Indooroopilly Bridge etc)

When:

Size: Length (overall) (please note a clearly discernible measuring device must be evident). We realize this will be challenging with a big spanish for example but do your best :)

Weight: if possible

Photo: Attach photo by browsing and finding the photo/s and then when finished writing your entry hit submit and the image will automatically be included.

Unique Item: A number that can be shown on a written card, display of fingers etc:

The Unique Signal for this competition is 

" 8 " Either with fingers or printed number

Caption/Catch Report: (In the interest of fostering knowledge any little tid bits may be appreciated by the readers)

Bragging Rights: Bragging rights will be available to a potential 3 anglers... 

1. Largest Fish Caught On Bait

2. Largest Fish Caught On Lure

3. Largest Fish Caught Land Based

7 hours ago, christophagus said:

id be very surprised if someone takes out the landbased section haha

Bonito are a tuna :) If anyone is over at Moreton this month they'd probably be a chance off the beach. Mack tuna get caught behind the surf at times and at certain time/s of the year at place like Iluka they catch longies off the rockwall. So not an impossibility ;)

13 hours ago, kmcrosby78 said:

Bonito are a tuna :) If anyone is over at Moreton this month they'd probably be a chance off the beach. Mack tuna get caught behind the surf at times and at certain time/s of the year at place like Iluka they catch longies off the rockwall. So not an impossibility ;)

certainly not impossible, but a very prestigious catch if one is landed. looking forward to this months entries!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi @Luvit, nice fish mate. Makes the trek to 1770 worth it when you can catch fish like that :fishing2:

Bonus points for the brag matt? :D Great fish.

The weather looks awesome tomorrow so fingers crossed someone might be able to hook one on a bait to fill another category :1310_thumbsup_tone1:

On 3/27/2017 at 11:46 AM, samsteele115 said:

I just assumed it was a longy at the time but yeah looks maybe yft.

I originally called it for a YFT but my experienced deckie assured me it was LT. It has been a long time since Sam has seen a longie, he has forgotten what the look like.:D

It has been identified by the Aussie & Old Mate as a yellow fin tuna. Good enough for me.

Soooo stoked my first YFT in Qld waters.

Archived