Borumba Dam Social Interest

tugger

Want to kick off another social up at Borumba Dam and have a couple of dates in mind please reply if you are interested in going and what would be your prefered date. What dates suit you best 5th to 7th of may or 12th to 14th of may. We will camp up near the dam and have a saturday night cook up where everyone brings a bit of tucker to throw in for the community dinner.

1 hour ago, aussie123 said:

There's no beaches at Borumba so Angus will not have to eat sand all night long.:D

No beach needed will not be able to make either date anyway :P

Wedding one weekend and a staff PD the other.

Looking at my diary actually my weekends for a while are not going to leave much time to fish :(

Angus

6 hours ago, Tybo said:

You'll have to count me out of any of those dates, our baby is due on the 5th and I imagine I'll be fairly busy in the weeks following.

Hope you all enjoy it anyhow! I'm sure you will.

Haha, I have my first one due on the 5th too. Weird. 

13 hours ago, straddiebrad said:

do they have cabins on the dam there like the ones before on the last trip up there

I think that was at the deer park camp grounds that had the cabins we would be better off up at the other camp grounds close to the ramp on the dam

8 hours ago, tugger said:

I think that was at the deer park camp grounds that had the cabins we would be better off up at the other camp grounds close to the ramp on the dam

if there were cabins i would be in i finish work too late to get up there friday might try to get up there if i can jag a rdo

On ‎3‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 4:46 PM, straddiebrad said:

if there were cabins i would be in i finish work too late to get up there friday might try to get up there if i can jag a rdo

I could take your tent up and set it up early for you Brad so all you got to do is rock up and crack a coldie on Friday arvo

22 hours ago, timtam_ said:

Also taken from the SEQ Newsletter in regards to extending the Borumba Dam boat ramp;  "Construction will commence around late April or early May."

I'm not sure if the ramp will still be functional in this period.  

i will keep an eye on this but with all this rain the inflows should top the dam up and shouldn't be a problem

On 3/22/2017 at 0:18 PM, timtam_ said:

Also taken from the SEQ Newsletter in regards to extending the Borumba Dam boat ramp;  "Construction will commence around late April or early May."

I'm not sure if the ramp will still be functional in this period.  

whats the go if the ramp is closed for upgrades is there another ramp?

3 hours ago, straddiebrad said:

heard the ramp is closed at the moment due to too much rain

Nothing on website damis onlya t 69% using gravel rampas new concrete one is out of water.

Lake Borumba - Water levels and boating access
Date:
23/02/2017

Due to lower water levels, the boat ramp at Lake Borumba (Borumba Dam) was closed in November 2016 and a temporary ramp was installed for visitors.

The temporary ramp is accessible by 4WD vehicles only.

If the water level continues to drop, we will be required to close the temporary boat ramp.

Boat ramps at a number of our lakes are currently closed due to low water levels including Lake Baroon (northern only), Lake Atkinson and Lake Dyer.

Stage one of the boat ramp upgrade was completed in August 2016, with stage two due for delivery early-2017. Upgrading the existing boat ramp was the safest and most cost efficient solution for improving accessibility to the lake. It has been designed to meet Australian safety standards, however it becomes unsafe to use when water levels are much lower than usual at the lake.

We will continue to monitor water levels at Lake Borumba this week and provide further updates.

For more information, contact recreation@seqwater.com.au

Cheers

Ray

Archived