Leaving The Nt To Brissy

Joe Devereux

Hi All

I'm in the Air force and it looks like I will be moving to Brisbane next year for work. I have my own boat its a 5.3m tiller steer seajay (pretty much a BIG Tinnie). I favor blue water style fishing and will be looking for deckies when I arrive. I will be in desperate need for some local knowledge so get ready for me to pick your brains.

Welcome Joe. You may have to revise your expectations about the rewards of a fishing trip but you will enjoy a change in tactics and target species. As @ellicat said, @benno573 could be a great deckie for you. Make sure you work him hard on the anchor rope and yabbie pump and remind him often not to high stick his rod.:lol: Just joking, but he and others in this site are great sharers and you will enjoy their company.

1 minute ago, demarc said:

There is fish left in the bay??? huehuehue

A few less after TC Deb apparently. I was just speaking to someone I know who lives on Macleay Island and she told me that they picked up 52 dead fish last weekend on a small beach in front of their house. Extrapolate that across the bay and that adds up to a fair number of fish no longer around to be chased. Apparently quite a few big ones as well, which totally undermined her hubbie's excuse that there are no big fish in the bay and that's why he only catches little ones.

27 minutes ago, Old Scaley said:

A few less after TC Deb apparently. I was just speaking to someone I know who lives on Macleay Island and she told me that they picked up 52 dead fish last weekend on a small beach in front of their house. Extrapolate that across the bay and that adds up to a fair number of fish no longer around to be chased. Apparently quite a few big ones as well, which totally undermined her hubbie's excuse that there are no big fish in the bay and that's why he only catches little ones.

I have seen dead fish around my area where it flooded too. Luckily the ones my way are pests. I can't even imagine the crap that will be in the bay from the Logan. Not to mention where whitespot will be now???

41 minutes ago, kmcrosby78 said:

Did they mention what types of fish @Old Scaley? Very intriguing.

I did ask the question, @kmcrosby78, but she is a kiwi so unless it is a snapper or a kingfish it is not a known species.  She actually didn't know.  No offence to our kiwi friends, I am actually in awe of your snapper and kingy fishing opportunities.

7 minutes ago, Old Scaley said:

I did ask the question, @kmcrosby78, but she is a kiwi so unless it is a snapper or a kingfish it is not a known species.  She actually didn't know.  No offence to our kiwi friends, I am actually in awe of your snapper and kingy fishing opportunities.

Oh stop being so polite to the bu99ers, if they're happy to flog us in the rugby year after year it's only fair we offend them about their inability to identify OUR fish ........... :whistle: (my dad's one, can you tell ........ :no:).

On ‎3‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 7:43 PM, kmcrosby78 said:

good bunch on here with plenty of knowledge (in amongst the jokes and dribble ..... ;)).

Did someone mention dribble ....... :whistle:  Sorry Joe I just realised we've totally taken over your thread with unrelated stuff ..... Steve started it ....... ;)

Archived