G-loomis Gl2

Ando73

G Day All,

just getting back into trout / bass fishing, I am getting a GLoomis GL2, just wandering your thought on size. I was thinking 7.2' 1-3kg one piece.

I will be throwing around small trout repalas mainly in rivers and lakes.

i will be using a Stradic 1000FJ with it.

will 1-3kg be too light, I have in the past caught some large trout in the rivers 6lb +

cheers in advance

No idea about the ferals - never bothered to fish for them -  but for bass If your not trying to keep them out of structure, or catch too many, 1 to 3 will be fine (catch a dozen or so and your going to be totally worn out on a rod that size). The 100 series stradic is perfect, would go just as well on a slightly heavier rod if you think the ferals will need it or your fishing structure for bass.

Trout are not dirty fighters where as the bass run for cover. I used to use a 1-3kg T-Curve for trout soft plastics fishing and it was fine for 95% of the fish caught. When using it in Tasmania it caught a Atlantic salmon over 6lb+ in current but was under gunned. So unless you are going to be catching big fish regularly you will get more feel and fun from the light set up.

I have the Loomis GLX in a bait caster and the GL2 is a good stick. 

Archived